10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Vote Thursday 5 May

<< 1 2 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Vote Thursday 5 May
11th April 2016 at 2:35PM
I can't fault you Oliver for your shear determination to get the job done and to win votes. You might not always appear to be right (as each parties policies differ) but you stand by what you believe in and try to get the best job done. As well as never failing to answer all the questions that you've been asked on here.

Now if in the past we had just a few more councillors just like you who were willing to get off their bums tto get the job done then I'm sure that the Grove would be a much better place to live in now. Well done.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th April 2016 at 2:51PM
Serenity Wrote:

I can't fault you Oliver for your shear determination to get the job done and to win votes. You might not always appear to be right (as each parties policies differ) but you stand by what you believe in and try to get the best job done. As well as never failing to answer all the questions that you've been asked on here.

Now if in the past we had just a few more councillors just like you who were willing to get off their bums tto get the job done then I'm sure that the Grove would be a much better place to live in now. Well done.

He certainly knows how to say the right thing - a notable positive of these new career politicians.
Not sure that's any reason to vote in others of this awful Conservative lot though.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
11th April 2016 at 10:45PM
I'm not a career politician - I have a career that isn't being a politician and I very much enjoy it.

What I do in local politics and the community is a passion and something I love doing though.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
26th April 2016 at 8:45PM
Whatever you do, if you actually give a damn about other human beings, don't vote Tory.

What have the Tories ever done for us? Hazel Grove voted Tory last year, and we now have an MP who actively votes in parliament to reduce spending on the disabled, who actively votes to reduce taxes on the richest, who actively votes to privatise schools and votes against measures to tackle climate change.

(And we have a councillor on this forum who supports him, which tells us all we need to know about the average tory councillor)

That's who you got last time you voted... why take another risk on another Tory for the local elections? They're all the same. Vote anyone but Tory.
thealastairw
Villager

thealastairw
5th May 2016 at 8:19PM
Just under two hours until the polls close. If you want to make a difference get out and vote, preferably for my friend Jon Twigge.
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
6th May 2016 at 4:19PM
I think it's clear to say that the people around here have made it clear that they're sick of the tories!

When can we get rid of Mr Wragg? He doesn't seem to actually *do* anything other than vote to ruin the lives of those less well off.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..