10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Vote Thursday 5 May

<< 1 2 >>

Moto3
Villager

Moto3
Vote Thursday 5 May
9th April 2016 at 9:18AM

Who are we actually voting for in this ,I havent had any information on any candidate at all seems a bit wierd considering its next month.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
Re: Vote Thursday 5 May
9th April 2016 at 1:53PM
Moto3 Wrote:

Who are we actually voting for in this ,I havent had any information on any candidate at all seems a bit wierd considering its next month.

Totally agree! I take an interest in politics, and I've no clue.. How the hell are we supposed to vote for anyone?

One thing we do know is we don't need any more Tories 🙄
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th April 2016 at 7:36PM, Edit: 10th April 2016 at 7:38PM by OliverJohnstone
You should have had a few things from us and we've been knocking on doors across Hazel Grove throughout the year. If you want to email me your address, I can review to make sure everything is being delivered properly.

It is just a fact of life that people are less interested in local elections than General Elections so we therefore raise less in campaign funds, get fewer volunteers and media coverage is practically non existent compared to a General election. Likewise, those people that are interested experience a flurry of attention with the General Election so it makes the difference with the local campaign seems stark.

If you are interested in finding out more about our candidate, Sue Carroll, I am more than happy to arrange for her to meet you personally. She's working really hard at the moment on a range of different issues but has an insatiable appetite for solving new problems.

One thing to make very clear, whilst we work with very limited resources, it doesn't mean we care any less about this election then the General Election last year.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
11th April 2016 at 7:16AM
Thanks Oliver.

So it's the local election to vote for someone to replace Kevin.

In the interest of maintaining objectivity do we know who the other parties candidates are. I've had nothing through the door up to now to help me decide other than the leaflet received from Olivers party nominating the formidable Carol.

I've also had a quick look on the Internet but I can't seem to find anything.

I have kind of made my mind up but I'd like to hear what all candidates have to say.

Moto3
Villager

Moto3
11th April 2016 at 11:06AM

We have spoken before Oliver we have had no literature at all its not good really considering
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th April 2016 at 11:45AM
The campaign is only three weeks long, so expect a mountain of stuff through your doors soon. See http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/2986/59933/1218379/statementofpersonsnominated for the list of names for each ward.

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th April 2016 at 11:48AM
Moto3 Wrote:

We have spoken before Oliver we have had no literature at all its not good really considering

Though I'd never stick up for Oliver, this is more a problem with the system than the local parties.

They have to fund all of their literature that comes through the door, and that costs a fortune - if the two big parties round here - the Conservatives and Lib Dems are struggling, imagine how an independent would get on.

What should be addressed is that some independent body should be responsible for letting everyone know why this is happening and who the candidates are.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th April 2016 at 12:01PM
Please, don't ask them for more literature, It took an age to clear up after the rainforest of leaflets I got at the General Election. I requested an extra blue bin off the council to accommodate the amount of bumf shoved through, in fact there is a chance we accidentally recycled our cat who went missing during this period and may have ended up under a pile of leaflets - his last view would have been Lisa Smart's face staring ominously down at him
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th April 2016 at 12:06PM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Please, don't ask them for more literature, It took an age to clear up after the rainforest of leaflets I got at the General Election. I requested an extra blue bin off the council to accommodate the amount of bumf shoved through, in fact there is a chance we accidentally recycled our cat who went missing during this period and may have ended up under a pile of leaflets - his last view would have been Lisa Smart's face staring ominously down at him

LOL I hope the cat survived, she certainly got shredded!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
11th April 2016 at 12:44PM
Moto - I can only apologise is you haven't regularly received our stuff.

Just out of interest is there anything that could impede one of our deliverers? We do stress ethical behaviour i.e. not leaving a leaflet if they cannot post through a letter box or a "no leaflets please" poster.

Again I can deliver a copy of our latest newsletter personally if you would like.
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..