10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Trouble at the Passion Rooms.....

<< 1 2 >>

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Trouble at the Passion Rooms.....
12th November 2013 at 12:24PM
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/up-30-people-involved-series-6293499

Never happened in my day...................
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
Re: Trouble at the Passion Rooms.....
12th November 2013 at 1:50PM
'the passion rooms'?

To be honest i thought this was a weekly occurrence, it certainly used to be when i used to go in the bamboo (15 years ago until about 6 years ago).

I can only assume that with this now being 'news' that the place has been much better in recent years, i'd bet the place is still a dump though.
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
12th November 2013 at 1:53PM
bluegrover some things never change eh? Would not go there if you paid me !
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
12th November 2013 at 3:26PM
Coleman Wrote:

'the passion rooms'?

To be honest i thought this was a weekly occurrence, it certainly used to be when i used to go in the bamboo (15 years ago until about 6 years ago).

I can only assume that with this now being 'news' that the place has been much better in recent years, i'd bet the place is still a dump though.
The Passion Rooms or The Rock Shop was our nickname for the Boo many, many, many years ago. As a friend of mine said on another site, different faces, same surnames!
slim
Townsperson

slim
12th November 2013 at 3:59PM
We always called it the zoo ? Your right the same names always come up when there's trouble.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
12th November 2013 at 7:21PM
do people still wipe theyre feet on the way out of bamboo and is true if you stand still too long your feet stick to the ground in there?
ive never been or wanted to go in the boo but i used to ferry them all home in theyre states when i was taxi'ing and used to hear all these comments, somone even said it was like the stars wars bar!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
slim
Townsperson

slim
12th November 2013 at 10:11PM
Well the place I remember that you stuck to the carpet was the blue waterfall in the 70s ! Now that was a s** t hole. ?
Dialstone
Villager

Dialstone
13th November 2013 at 8:03AM
We spent many happy nights at The Bamboo late 60's/early 70's. Was great back then. Is it still owned by the Beeley bros? Perhaps it's the standard of clientele that's gone down and they've got the dive they've created
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
13th November 2013 at 9:52AM
Even in my late teens and early twenties i hated going in there, but it was just one of those things that seemed to happen whether you wanted to or not. I even resorted to going out in trainers so i couldn't go in, but after a few pints i'd end up taking a jog home and getting my shoes.

I've never heard anyone describe it as anything other than a dive (baring people who used to go in a long time ago). Only in Hazel grove could such a dump survive for so long!
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
13th November 2013 at 4:40PM
wasnt there a fire not long ago though,so surely it must have been done up abit?
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..