<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: Touching distance
10th May 2012 at 9:00AM
BlueGrover Wrote:

TwistedBanana Wrote:

This post started off with Bluegrover questioning whether 44 years of hurt are about to end. Time will tell and if it is, i for one will be the first to congratulate City on their title. I have given plenty of Blues stick over the years and I am big enough to take it back. In fact i have given BlueGrover stick over the years so I KNOW i am going to have to take it back ( a little suprised though as only a few weeks ago on Facebook he mentioned that "its now cricket season", football seemed to have slipped his mind ;))

As for the County fans, I too went to EP on a Friday night, i sang with the County fans and always looked out for their results. However, as i got older i witnessed the hatred towards the red and blue corners, it seemed to evolve as friday night football went and only the County Diehards stayed onboard. If the County fans want to have a go at anyone then maybe it should be the FA and Sky as that is when the lower divsion teams started to suffer - Friday night football was great for County attendances during some pretty torrid times for the club - the seventies and eighties saw them re-elected a number of times i recall. Live televised football didn't help you guys.
For the record, I am red, i have lived in the Grove since the early seventies, i was however born in Manchester as were my parents and their parents before them. I shouldnt have to keep apologising and explaining this to every County fan i meet!!! - i will support who i bloody want. My sons were both born in the grove, they are reds, should they be automatically Stockport fans or is there something wrong in following the club that their dad, granddad and great grandads support or supported just because we have moved 8 miles up the A6

As for the money argument - its totally irrelevant, yes City have spent millions, as did Chelsea before them. United did although under slightly different circumstances but during the period leading up to Chelseas cash influx United did have more spending power than the rest and of course that contributed to winning the league so many times. The difference was the odd big signing each season as opposed to many in two season - whats the difference? not much in my book. Good luck Utd this weekend and if it aint to be then well done City, over 38 games whoever finishes top deserves the plaudits
Well TB, given the wet way the cricket season has started, the poor displays by LCCC and the fact my box new boots have yet to see the light of day, it's a good job football is still here!
ps roll on the Euro's!

I invested in cricket gear for the first time in years - extra long spikes (not boots, just spikes, i dont anticipate my career lasting a full term of boot wear). Played first game, didn't contribute much and ached like hell the next day!!! it was wet and cold up in them hills at Buxworth's postage stamp of a ground. Didn't expect much from LCCC this year, think last year was a bit of a freak, touch wood we won't get relegated
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
10th May 2012 at 10:26PM
Limecat I would say welcome to the football fans fraternity but it looks like you've been here for some time, appy-poly-logies for doubting your credentials, I must say though that I am struggling to work out why Oldham became your team of choice, can't really call you a glory hunter can we, not masochistic are you cos that would explain a lot.

See! there's that sunny disposition again.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
10th May 2012 at 11:47PM
Oldham were a quality side in the early nineties. I seem to remember going to Maine Road to see the semi final replay where they eventually got stuffed by some quick Russian lol. And we (Man United) also bought Denis Irwin for next to nothing from them....o, happy days
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2012 at 8:50AM
Robot69 Wrote:

Oldham were a quality side in the early nineties. I seem to remember going to Maine Road to see the semi final replay where they eventually got stuffed by some quick Russian lol. And we (Man United) also bought Denis Irwin for next to nothing from them....o, happy days

Hmmm, that would have been 1994 from memory?

I was at the Man Utd v Oldham replay in 1990, united won with an extra time Mark Robbins winner (apparently the goal that saved fergies job) My tickets were for the Oldham end, kept quite all game and then when Robbins bagged the winner me and my mate jumped up and celebrated, luckily for us it seems there were many other reds in the Oldham end with us who did likewise. Still made a sharp exit at full-time though. Some very good Oldham players in that side, Irwin, Bunn, Holden, Ritchie are the ones who stood out for me. Ricky Holden was a great player on his day
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
11th May 2012 at 12:17PM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

I was at the Man Utd v Oldham replay in 1990, united won with an extra time Mark Robbins winner (apparently the goal that saved fergies job) My tickets were for the Oldham end, kept quite all game and then when Robbins bagged the winner me and my mate jumped up and celebrated, luckily for us it seems there were many other reds in the Oldham end with us who did likewise. Still made a sharp exit at full-time though. Some very good Oldham players in that side, Irwin, Bunn, Holden, Ritchie are the ones who stood out for me. Ricky Holden was a great player on his day
I thought Robins (Fergie Saver) goal was against Forest, but may be wrong.
Cricket off tomorrow!
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
11th May 2012 at 12:29PM
Your correct Blue....goal line scramble and the rest is history as they say
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2012 at 1:33PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

TwistedBanana Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

I thought Robins (Fergie Saver) goal was against Forest, but may be wrong.
Cricket off tomorrow!

Hmmm, open to debate that one, if Utd were going to sack him after the earlier round against forest im pretty sure the same thing would have stood if they hadnt gone on to win the trophy that year. I was at the final against palace 3-3 and the stories were still going round then, so maybe Lee martins replay winner really saved him. from there we got the CWC the following season and then things went a bit good
Limecat
Banned
13th May 2012 at 4:38PM
AFPMSL!

I hate ManUre but this is turning into an AMAZING day. City fans crying.
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
14th May 2012 at 12:10AM
BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Limecat
Banned
14th May 2012 at 8:33AM
We even got ManUre fans crying during Fergie time. LMAO.

Congratulations on buying the Premiership...
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>