<< 1 2 3 >>

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Re: Torkington Fair
30th August 2007 at 8:00AM
Adora Wrote:

Lot's happening over in the park.

That mad drainage problem near the toddler play area is being addressed (I'm told the water is coming from a natural, underground spring). There's a pile of stones near the bridge and that central area (where all the paths meet) is being dug up, so looks like some improvements being done there and the fair is all centred around the changing rooms and that bit of land next to the tennis courts, so shouldn't impact on the footie pitches.

It's all good and why not have a fair before the schools go back - let the kids have one last bit of fun in a controlled and central location?

C'mon you lot - don't be so grumpy!

Hi Adora

It's not me being grumpy, I have small people and may take a stroll to the park over the weekend.
The fair used to call in early July which gave the grass time to recover before the fooball season began. It's all about money.........
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
30th August 2007 at 8:03AM
Hi Adora

By the way I used some of your idea's for the kidlet's during the summer hols.

Thanks once again
Babs
Villager

Babs
30th August 2007 at 10:51AM
Adora Wrote:

Lot's happening over in the park.

That mad drainage problem near the toddler play area is being addressed (I'm told the water is coming from a natural, underground spring). There's a pile of stones near the bridge and that central area (where all the paths meet) is being dug up, so looks like some improvements being done there and the fair is all centred around the changing rooms and that bit of land next to the tennis courts, so shouldn't impact on the footie pitches.

It's all good and why not have a fair before the schools go back - let the kids have one last bit of fun in a controlled and central location?

C'mon you lot - don't be so grumpy!

Grumpy!!
Sorry but if you lived as close to the park as i do you would be totaly naffed off, all the rubbish,fighting,drug packets,shall i go on,oh what about h/grove wudbe gangsters aged 14/15 v poynton wudbe gangsters most have been drinking and you think I'm grumpy.
I have no objection to kids having fun as i have kids, my husband wont let us go without him as we have seen it kick off, none of us stay after 9pm as that seems to be the meeting time for the idiots.
Was it not you Adora who had problems a couple of weeks ago with rude kids?
Unfortunately it will only get worse!!!
As for controlled that is rubbish the guys who are there to provide these rides have a rough time most of the time because of stupid, irresponsible, rude,kids.
Ask the poor guy who had his ride set on fire at about 3 in the morning..
Like that on your doorstep? i dont think so.

This post has been deleted by the author.

Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
30th August 2007 at 11:55AM
Oh, and CCTV's would help as well. Dunno how any one else feels about these cameras - privacy rights and all that, but I reckon a few of these cameras, dotted around the park, would help with the worst of the kids and the odd flasher who likes to drop in from time to time.

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
31st August 2007 at 10:27AM
Hi Adora

Not to sure if the youffs will sit while we take photo's, what about "uman rites?"
Seriously, I know for a fact that the problem with teenagers in TP is being looked at by the local authority.
Watch this space!
sundave
Drifter
31st August 2007 at 10:54AM
when i was a youngster i lived in heaton park prestwich and i do mean lived, we had one of the biggset fairs in the area in those days and the fair people used to plug in to our electricity supply for the caravans, some of the people who run the fair now are the children of those people who i am proud to call my friends, and those friends would not have tolerated the rudeness of the youth of today. i am sorry to say it is not a minority of teenagers who are rude to the point of being disgusting but it is a vast majority. the problem is they don't believe they are rude they just think they have a right to speak anyway they want to and behave anyway they want to. i know this because i have first hand knowledge of them on a regular basis and when you let the parents know they say oh no! my little darling wouldn't do/behave/say/take anything like that!!! because they don't do anything like that at home. well let me just point out that anyone who bothered to listen at school or read a book or even watch a wildlife programme on tv will know, ANIMALS DON'T SOIL THEIR OWN DOORSTEP!
now before anyone rattles on about my terminology, if you want to dig a hole you go out and buy a spade you wouldn't ask for a hosepipe you would call a spade a spade and that's what i do!, most of these little monsters are not bad they just need guidance from someone with a bit more imagination than a trip to McDonalds or a dvd.
perhaps it's about time some parents stopped being selfish with their leisure time and spent it with their offspring and maybe inspire them to be nicer members of society and perhaps even achieve something!!!
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
31st August 2007 at 10:57AM
Taking a photo and publishing it in the paper doesn't affect human rights Blue, so long as no name is attached. I laughed at the idea of asking them to pose!

I know it's not always possible but if you CAN snap a pic of the little divils (mobile phone camera is good for this) then at least you can do SOMETHING. Doing nothing is crippling this country - so I guess I'm asking for a 'call to arms'. Let's be proactive and do what ever we can because leaving it to the police, the local authorities and the parents ain't working!

Now listen here you rotten so and so, you cannot come on here and HINT at knowing plans are afoot to help resolve the problems in Torky Park - whaddya know? C'mon, SPILL! You know I'd tell you if I knew summat....go on, I'll give you all my sweets (insert cheesy grin emoticon here!)
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
31st August 2007 at 4:26PM, Edit: 2nd September 2007 at 10:53AM by BlueGrover
Adora Wrote:

Taking a photo and publishing it in the paper doesn't affect human rights Blue, so long as no name is attached. I laughed at the idea of asking them to pose!

I know it's not always possible but if you CAN snap a pic of the little divils (mobile phone camera is good for this) then at least you can do SOMETHING. Doing nothing is crippling this country - so I guess I'm asking for a 'call to arms'. Let's be proactive and do what ever we can because leaving it to the police, the local authorities and the parents ain't working!

Now listen here you rotten so and so, you cannot come on here and HINT at knowing plans are afoot to help resolve the problems in Torky Park - whaddya know? C'mon, SPILL! You know I'd tell you if I knew summat....go on, I'll give you all my sweets (insert cheesy grin emoticon here!)

My real life undercover job puts me into places where walls have ears!

ps Forget the sweets,I talk lots on alcohol! Plus my mum said never take sweets from strangers!
Babs
Villager

Babs
31st August 2007 at 4:38PM, Edit: 20th December 2009 at 4:57PM by Adora

Oh dear when will it all end? about 15/20 youths causing trouble at the fair,running in the road dodging cars and rampageing through the rising sun car park jumping over peoples cars then garden walls all with the police chasing them, and when some were caught how rude they were to the police,i do hope that anyone reading this did not have any of there kids involved. Not ALL parents know where there kids are.It's a shame that they have nowhere to go like youth clubs, yes i know there is one at the high school but that is not enough.
Oh by the way the ones that got caught and names taken were GIRLS.(the boys must have run faster).
AND THESE CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE what a wonderful world we will have to look forward to.
<< 1 2 3 >>