BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Re: Timber framed houses back of Nelson street
6th March 2013 at 9:38AM
Adora Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

I think I remember Kevin Hogg saying his Missus used to live in one of those houses when she was a little girl. Maybe he can shed (see what I did there?) some light on it?
If it's Nelson Street, should you not be keeping an eye on it?

I'd give my right arm to know how much time you spent on finding a way to work that into this thread! wink
Hazel Grove's Hinge and Bracket!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
7th March 2013 at 8:52PM
As luck would have it I was just looking through various property auction sites and stumbled across this (I recognise the picture from a previous auction, maybe a Pugh/E Mellor one?)...

£50-60k estimate

£25k + estimate

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
grover
Townsperson

grover
11th March 2013 at 12:49PM
When I was young, the houses shown on the reference were called Long Row or Nelson Street, not Long Terrace. We also called the houses at the back of them the wooden bungalows. Some family members are still around and maybe give some answers. I know the Ashton family lived in the wooden bungalows.
D_M_B
Idler

D_M_B
6th June 2013 at 8:20AM
The correct address of these properties is Bosden Fold Road. Hazel Grove
4th February 2014 at 1:19PM
The timber framed houses behind Nelson St are called "The bungalows". Sadly in the last few months, another of them have been burned down. The first fire was in 2012 and was caused by an electrical fire in the roof area. The owners then put them up for sale via an auction http://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/archive/11874-1-asked-for-hazel-grove-bungalow.html where £1 was the asking price. The second fire was more suspect http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-probe-hazel-grove-bungalow-6401065

<< 1 2 >>

Part of..