The Blue Lagoon

<< 1 2 3 >>

netti
Townsperson

netti
Re: The Blue Lagoon
1st August 2008 at 11:04AM
Guest Wrote:

There was always paddle boats on the 'boating lake', and a cafe next to the slippy paddling pool. How many of the readers remember old Joe who rented out the pitch and put gear from his little wooden shed behind the cafe, also the vast amounts of folk using the place on a weekend. Maybe they should open the cafe again at Woodbank hall as well...

Oh the good old days i slipped so many times in that pool, but we knew how to have fun!! as for the x offerton girl maybe we were of the same group as what you discribed is what i remember doing, that brought back some great memories... god we were soooo bad..but it was great fun at the time. has the pool and boating lake gone now? not been there for years.. may have to take a walk with my grandchildren to show them where there gran was a bad girl! hahaha
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Ex Grover
Drifter
4th October 2008 at 9:03AM
Spent many happy hours at the Blue Lagoon pre-war.We used to go canooing on the boating lake until we were dragged of for having water fights with other canooists.We used to be taken there for swimming lessons from Chapel Street school by our "old friend"Ben Gauden,when he dived in all the water come out.Happy days.
julie
Drifter
10th August 2009 at 2:00PM
i spent my childhood in offerton (the 70s )and remember the park and boating lake very well and the blue lagoon & the happy times spent in offerton park (the good old days)
robert manley
Drifter
Re: The Blue Lagoon bryone drive - withy
16th November 2010 at 12:10PM
has anyone got any pictures of the pool .......? before the pool I think it was a couple of ponds ...... on the old maps it shows marsh land dont buy a house there
slim
Townsperson

slim
16th November 2010 at 6:12PM
blue lagoon just a fab place first went there early sixties.
would the kids of today beleive great moor had a lido ?.
yetty
Drifter
19th November 2010 at 3:02PM
I seem to remember it had a sauna as well.and just before it closed they had a national fin swimming championship there.It was run by Messrs Beeley of Bamboo fame
yetty
Drifter
19th November 2010 at 3:06PM
Just remembered ther was an outdoor and indoor pool in Bramall behind the hall where the tennis club is now
John
Drifter
15th December 2010 at 9:37AM
Well I went to Mile End School - I left in 1962. In the 5th form we were offered an alternative to cricket on games days in summer - swimming at the Blue Lagoon.If the weather was hot it was no contest - there was nothing formal about the swimming, just playing in the pool really. It definitely wasn't heated though.
Old Biker
Drifter
10th March 2012 at 12:46AM
Hey - Oh yes I know about the Blue Lagoon for my father ran the place and my auntie was in the paydesk cabin.
BUt I would dearly like some photos- any one got any please? Remember the one legged policeman who used to dive off the top board anyone?
deano
Drifter
12th March 2012 at 4:30PM
ive heard of this place but thought it was a myth ! interesting stuff what happened to the blue lagoon ??? did it get filled in? there is a little estate round the mile end area with a big pond,i wonder if that was where it was?
<< 1 2 3 >>