A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Stuart Bodsworth

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Stuart Bodsworth
10th May 2016 at 10:06AM
Not Hazel Grove I know, but you have to question the morals of a man who flies the Lib Dem flag, then switches to Labour as the polls close. His defection gave Labour the necessary seat for an overall majority on Thursday.
Questionable?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been deleted by the author.

slim
Townsperson

slim
Re: Stuart Bodsworth
10th May 2016 at 11:27AM
I think the point is that this cllr has got his seat by falsely campaigning as a lib dem when he more than likely knew he was going to defect ?
Very underhand and in my opinion shouldn't be allowed all those voters must feel they've been cheated and lied to by this cllr?
Why would they trust anything else he has to say after behaving in this way .
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
10th May 2016 at 12:41PM
Totally agree Slim. But unfortunately this case doesn't surprise me.

I've met a lot of councillors including Stuart and a lot of them (not all)seem to have what I feel is their own personal agenda going on.

As time goes on I'm finding it infinitely harder to believe that most of these people (again not all) are not on one big huge ego trip, and have lost sight of the reasons why they were voted for in the first place, which was to be the voice of the people, and not for gratification of their own importance.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th May 2016 at 1:03PM
There are many times when being a councillor is certainly not an ego trip - I can vouch for that.

I have worked with Stuart on committee and also on a review of Stockport Homes private rented service and whether he is right or wrong to defect, he is a man who very much knows his own mind and not afraid to defy the consensus.

This post has been deleted by the author.

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
10th May 2016 at 1:36PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

There are many times when being a councillor is certainly not an ego trip - I can vouch for that.

I have worked with Stuart on committee and also on a review of Stockport Homes private rented service and whether he is right or wrong to defect, he is a man who very much knows his own mind and not afraid to defy the consensus.

I did say some Oliver, but judging from your comments around the committee meetings you can see what I mean. Whilst there are serious matters to be discussed it ends up sounding like a cattle market.

As for stuart I have to agree with slim that how can you stay and be voted for by your supporters and then jump ship last minute. Doesn't make sense.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th May 2016 at 3:52PM
Yes I know you weren't having a go - just commenting that if you put yourself out there as a councillor (as I do) you get some stick. But that comes with the territory.

Yeah completely see your point about the defections thing. It is one of those grey areas where it is incumbent on the individual councillor to decide. You as an individual are elected from a legal standpoint.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
11th May 2016 at 10:45AM
It's like turning up at the church and then marrying a different woman. Wrong.Wrong.Wrong.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th May 2016 at 3:20PM
I think we need to bear in mind that Stuart was not elected this time around but in 2014 so he is half way through his stint ...

Part of..