A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Stockport Sports Trust doesn’t pay its bills

vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Stockport Sports Trust doesn’t pay its bills
6th November 2012 at 11:19AM
I have it on good authority that Stockport Sports Trust are not paying their way in terms of electricity bills for schools and colleges in the borough which they use in the evening. It seems like the amount they pay is based upon the electricity usage when the trust was set up (2002?) … this is okay … but at 2002 prices … this is far from okay as we all know how electricity prices have rocketed since then.

So in essence, Government and LA funding for education of our youngsters is being used to fund this council owned company with schools having to pay for the electricity used by the trust!
Following on from SK Solutions, this appears to be yet another scandal on the horizon for the council. I urge Mr Devine to ask some questions.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BigTed
Villager

BigTed
Re: Stockport Sports Trust doesn’t pay its bills
25th November 2012 at 1:43PM
Surely the issue here old [Vulcan]man, is that you are surprised that this is going on! May I not be cynical, but this comes as little surprise to those of us who harbour a well supported view that this council simply robs Peter to pay Paul on a day by day basis. The issue with this council is only that they have been caught with their pants down – with regard to Incompetence SK. You have found the same with the Sports Trust / Target Fatness or whatever they are currently morphing into.

What are these councillors doing for their £30k per year they are trousering of the ratepayers money? Do we not give it into their care to be administered properly? They underfund our schools dreadfully – stealing upto 20% of the cash sent to them by central Government to ‘Fund the local administration of schools’ – to bunce-up the likes of all the malingerers in the Town Hall more-like. Then take another slice once the cash arrives at school to pay for the utilities that the Sports Twits choose not to pay.

I think I need a transfusion of ‘boil-proof’ blood, How can this be legal – cos it sure aint honest and transparent?

Presumably the head of the Sports Twits is hiding under a rock somewhere, frightened to come out and answer this allegation...
BigTed
Villager

BigTed
27th December 2012 at 3:16PM
So here’s an interesting observation:

Having recently driven past HGHS and observed the removal of the huge sign which used to adorn the boiler house chimney, promoting the Sports Twits. Are we seeing the demise of another cash-compromised Stockport quango. Or are we not that lucky – that is to say are they going to continue to suck the life-blood from the school and from the education of our children, as Vulcanman has spoken of - into and beyond 2013?
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
27th December 2012 at 10:19PM
I hope you are right Ted. Sadly, my bet is that there will be a new sign placed up there presumably due to money being thrown at rebranding!
jaguarfan
Villager

jaguarfan
29th December 2012 at 12:40AM
Hi guys "or girls"
Are you saying that they use the sports facilities at the Hazel Grove High School for nothing, ie the money that should be going to educating my son goes to supporting the "sports trust" aka target fitness aka life leisure or whatever they are called
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
3rd January 2013 at 3:48PM
Jaguar,

That's pretty much the situation which I understand affects all schools in Stockport which have Target on their site. Peppercorn rents were signed by the council in 2002 with the cost of electricity being more or less pegged to 2002 prices with only inflational increases since.