Sainsburys Petrol Station

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 >>

PFS1
Villager

PFS1
Re: Sainsburys Petrol Station
29th May 2015 at 12:23PM
Thanks for the information Oliver.
Is it possible to get the exact wording of the Council refusal of the first application?
I cannot find anything on the Net about it?

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
PFS1
Villager

PFS1
2nd June 2015 at 9:43AM
Saw your post about a previous application for a Filling station.. I've searched on line but cannot find anything about it. Are you sure that it was part of the original plans because others have the impression it was later.
Has anyone got any more info on this please?
PFS1
Villager

PFS1
2nd June 2015 at 11:19AM
I'm new at this so bear with me please.
Isn't your logic a little twisted here.
If there was less traffic on the A6 a few extra cars from the petrol station would not be a problem, it's because the A6 is so crowded that a few extra cars becomes a problem (last straw, camels back).
Incidentally on price comparison sites, Sainsbury's petrol is never the cheapest. If you saved a penny per litre you would burn up the saving queueing to get on and off the site at 6 sets of traffic lights.
As for not finding anything negative about this application I don't think you can have really looked. the list is almost endless. Try reading the Stockport UDP and LWF regarding traffic, parking and health and safety. Also try Hazardous Installations.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
3rd June 2015 at 8:19AM, Edit: 3rd June 2015 at 8:47AM by Serenity
PFS1 Wrote:

I'm new at this so bear with me please.
Isn't your logic a little twisted here.
If there was less traffic on the A6 a few extra cars from the petrol station would not be a problem, it's because the A6 is so crowded that a few extra cars becomes a problem (last straw, camels back).
Incidentally on price comparison sites, Sainsbury's petrol is never the cheapest. If you saved a penny per litre you would burn up the saving queueing to get on and off the site at 6 sets of traffic lights.
As for not finding anything negative about this application I don't think you can have really looked. the list is almost endless. Try reading the Stockport UDP and LWF regarding traffic, parking and health and safety. Also try Hazardous Installations.

I totally agree PFS1. Building a new petrol station at this moment in time anywhere in the Grove would be a asking for trouble and would have such a negative effect. For what..

PFS1
Villager

PFS1
3rd June 2015 at 3:06PM
Hi Serenity
Thanks for the support. If you haven't done it already, why not go onto the page for DC/056579 and register your opposition to the application. The more objections, the better chance of delaying or stopping it.
hellonpluto
Villager

hellonpluto
4th June 2015 at 3:20PM
just read on stockport express website the proposed petrol station will only have 4 pumps! What a joke.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
4th June 2015 at 4:12PM
hellonpluto Wrote:

just read on stockport express website the proposed petrol station will only have 4 pumps! What a joke.

Thanks for that hellonpluto. The article makes for very interesting reading. Especially the bit about the consultation letters being sent out to new properties that hadn't even been completed so weren't actually occupied.

I still hold that if a new petrol station is needed for the Grove that putting one in an already overly congested part of the Grove is a stupid idea and is asking for trouble. Most supermarket petrol stations (such as the Tesco at Stockport)are always busy with streams of traffic queuing to get in and out and they struggle with a better designed all round system.   

Who would have thought that when Sainsbury's and ASDA opened they would be as busy as they are.

So even more traffic congestion - no thank you.
PFS1
Villager

PFS1
4th June 2015 at 8:16PM
Four pumps can service 50 vehicles each hour. That is 3500 per week which is 35000 over Ten weeks which is equivalent to all the traffic along the A6 in a year See Vectos Report on DC/056579 and they would still be in the wrong place. They need to be down Cow Lane before anything else is considered.
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
6th June 2015 at 1:21AM
Serenity your name is the most literal oxymoron.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
7th June 2015 at 6:50PM, Edit: 8th June 2015 at 9:36AM by Serenity
cooper120 Wrote:

Serenity your name is the most literal oxymoron.

I don't think so Cooper120. I choose to use the name serenity as I hoped it suggested a peaceful person's viewpoint. It doesn't however mean that I don't have a right to have a different opinion to you and others on the forum.

What have I ever said or done that is not of a peaceful nature. I've never once tried to shout over anyone or call them names as some forum users do on here quite often.

And if you call looking for ways to make the Grove a calmer more peaceful environment in which to live is not a peaceful pursuit then please tell what is.

Or would you just prefer it if I said nothing and just left ever decision made on the Grove (such as a new petrol station) go unchallenged.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 >>

Part of..