10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Sainsburys Petrol Station

<< 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Sainsburys Petrol Station
12th January 2016 at 10:07AM
[/QUOTE]I've lived in Hazel Grove for most of my life and there is a certain mindset that believes it is some kind of Utopia.It certainly is not.
It has changed, Friday nights in the seventies resembled Dodge City with fights breaking out everywhere. But there will always be fights when you mix young people and alcohol.
We bemoan the loss of the local shop, Tittertons, Pilsbury's etc. But they closed for a reason, no bugger shopped there anymore.
So to those who moan, read a book called SUMO. Shut Up Move On by Paul McGee[/QUOTE]

Think you'll find they started shutting after Sainsbury opened and not because nobody shopped there. I shopped there everyday. But yes I have to agree that the Groves moved on but not for the better I feel.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Expert
Villager

Expert
12th January 2016 at 4:39PM
Don't blame the shops, blame the customers! ....but ask yourself, do you want to spend all day traipsing from shop to shop or do you have something better to do?

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been deleted by the author.

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
14th January 2016 at 7:59AM
Donkey stones, the rag and bone man and sixpence back on the bottle. Happy days but long gone. Don't waste time and energy yearning for the past, live now, live long and enjoy.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
14th January 2016 at 10:07AM
Wellsaid blue
<< 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 >>

Part of..