10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Sainsburys Petrol Station

<< 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Sainsburys Petrol Station
9th January 2016 at 4:35PM
I did what I believe was best for the community that I represent and I would do it again.

Saying "Oliver and Julian get your wallets out" is exactly the kind of childish remark that makes me conclude that you don't take this issue seriously or the future of our community seriously. Why not instead encourage your colleagues on the Executive to ensure Hazel Grove's funds are protected?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
9th January 2016 at 4:48PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

As for you blue grovers henchman i may have got some things wrong but thats better than your record of doing nothing but carp on the sidelines.

You shouldn't sit in judgement kevin how do you know blue grover does nothing. Just because people express their views on here doesn't mean that their not actively seeking ways in which to make things change. The difference is that you choose to be the voice of the public (which is to be applauded) but behind you are the public who got together in the first place to want to see things change. Without the public carping on as you put it there wouldn't be much need for councillors.
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
9th January 2016 at 9:05PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I did what I believe was best for the community that I represent and I would do it again.

What actions did you take to gauge the community's desire for or against the petrol station?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
9th January 2016 at 10:29PM
Err not much I think
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
9th January 2016 at 10:31PM
Serenity its not blue grover its his henchman, if he wants to come on here and tell us his achievements I'll be one of the first to applaud
1 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
9th January 2016 at 10:37PM
Oh Christ, is Kevin still trying to open all these Russian Dolls to pull an excuse out and shift the blame for why he couldn't be bothered to vote on the issue? Bore off.

It always makes me laugh when people moan about the cost of petrol. A magic liquid you pour in to a big heavy object that transports you in warmth and comfort for many miles - it's a bloody bargain. It's even more of a bargain when you consider how much of the pump price is tax, the companies still make profit on it, the cost of refinery and the MILLIONS it costs an E&P company for each hole it sticks in the ground when looking for oil (typically far higher still if offshore). BP are clearing an $18billion dollar settlement over an 18 year period for the Macondo oil disaster, that's about $3million dollars a day for the pittance they earn of the pump price. Most of it is tax to support the lazy dole scroungers and the ones that should be sent back, if their boat sinks or not...
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
9th January 2016 at 10:48PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Err not much I think

Give it a rest and change the record (That's coming from someone who is generally on your side)
10th January 2016 at 10:48AM, Edit: 10th January 2016 at 11:20AM by Blue_Grovers_Henchman
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Serenity its not blue grover its his henchman, if he wants to come on here and tell us his achievements I'll be one of the first to applaud

But the difference, which you fail to recognise Kevin, is that you place yourself in public office to serve the community. That means ultimately the local community will judge you on your performance, or lack of it. Whilst there is bound to have been some good things you have achieved, your record is hardly blemish free.

* Promises you have reneged on – Hazel Grove tip, and then the re-cycling centre.
* Manipulation of the truth to try and achieve political praise – the so called by pass.
* Capitalising on other people’s achievements, again for political praise – the mobile phone mast on Lyndhurst Ave.

All of these things you have often been asked about, and you have repeatedly failed to apologise for. So, it is a little rich for you of all people, to be calling for others to apologise. Glass houses.

To be honest it would probably be more convenient for me to have the filling station at Sainsburys, but I’d rather it was not built. For me it would represent yet another chapter in the inappropriate development of Hazel Grove, which continues to rip the heart out of the place I have lived for most of my life. It might well have been the case that appealing the planning decision was unlikely to succeed, but as others have said, that in itself should never be the reason not to try. I applaud the councillors who have tried to do what is right, even if the odds were stacked against them. I hope they continue to do what is right for Hazel Grove instead of giving up without a fight.

In your 'vast experience' of chair of the planning committee, you blame legislation for not being able to stop the many examples of inappropriate commercial development in Hazel Grove. Yet other local villages seem to have stopped it – Marple a good example. So the reason is not legislation. The difference is our local representatives, and thank goodness we now have a majority who don’t give up at the first hurdle unlike some.

If you think you are beaten, you already are.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th January 2016 at 11:39AM
Jenny - part of the planning process includes a consultation so we had the feedback from that which as you would typically expect was overwhelmingly negative. I was contacted by a number of residents about the proposal, again most in opposition but some also expressed support for it.

As I mentioned on this forum prior to the meeting where this application was considered, I would be speaking to residents to listen to their view but I would not be basing my vote on which was the most popular stance to take. We cannot behave in that manner towards planning applications.
Goggins
10th January 2016 at 1:48PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

Given that, in the words of the inspector, you had "No strong argument [...] that “safe and suitable access to the site”, [...] could not be achieved." I'm puzzled by your claim. Either you didn't know the grounds on which you could legally turn down the request and ignored the advice of people who did or you knew this would never succeed but thought you could could gain some political capital out of being seen to try, to fight for the people. Which is it?
<< 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >>

Part of..