10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Sainsburys Petrol Station

<< 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Sainsburys Petrol Station
8th January 2016 at 4:56PM
Jenny - I appreciate where you are coming from but the price of petrol cannot be a material consideration in a planning application. Neither can the ownership of competing petrol stations.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
samay007
Villager

samay007
8th January 2016 at 5:21PM
I opposed for having another petrol station in our area, but after seeing the petrol prices at Shell Great Moor in the last few months we need to have a supermarket petrol station.

The prices are like motorway services, I complained few times at the counter.
Expert
Villager

Expert
8th January 2016 at 6:26PM
Just as one is considdred to be innocent until proved guilty, the overriding principle in planning is (and always has been) that someone should be allowed to do what they like with their own property unless it would demonstratably cause significant harm to issues of acknowleged importance. The question "why have they allowed them to do this" is, therefore, not a valid one to ask. Sainsbury has just as much right to apply to build a petrol station as any one of you do to apply for a house extension.

Add this to the democratic process where non-professionals, with an eye on the likelihood of loosing more votes for granting permission than refusing permission, are charged with making decisions, and we have a fundamental problem with the planning process.

I can assure everyone that if (yes if - only a small proportion of developments granted permission ever happen) the petrol station does get built, all the fuss and argument will quickly be forgotten and our elected representatives will soon find something else to worry about.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
8th January 2016 at 6:40PM
Setenity I will not be staying in politics after May. Yes I do want what is best and do talk to people the response to this was as has been pointed out, the majoriy (small) want this petrol station but I have to listen to the advice and also have regard to planning laws and the consequences of a perverse decision, it was an open and shut case to be granted and I now find it difficult to accept that the comunity should pay for what the conservative bandstanding did. If anyone should pay these damages they should. So come on Oliver and Julien get your wallets out.
Thé community should not have to paythis because of your charging white horses. As for resisting paying this you will end up paying more, it is in the Councils rules so as to prevent nimbyism by cllrs.
Just hold up your hands and apologise for getting it wrong and costing the residents of stepping hill lots of money.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
8th January 2016 at 11:06PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Just hold up your hands and apologise for getting it wrong and costing the residents of stepping hill lots of money.

You really are a hypocrite aren't you Kevin! How you have the face to actually suggest that, with all the things you got wrong, and have never had the decency to apologise for. Roll on May...

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been deleted by the author.

Moto3
Villager

Moto3
9th January 2016 at 8:41AM

Im not politically motivated by any party really ,I just want people who actually care for the area Kevins done the best he could in the past cant say that at all for the Corris . To say that Oliver had got it wrong? he was just fighting for the people in the area to oppose this ok did cost some money but so be it ,shouldnt just give in. stop slagging each others party off its pathetic
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
9th January 2016 at 8:46AM, Edit: 9th January 2016 at 9:16AM by Serenity
Course the majority want cheaper petrol prices and more stores but they don't have to live with the consequences from pollution and traffic we do. Years ago we might have had a busy main road but we didn't have 3+ major car parks pouring hundreds of cars out onto to it.

And as for your neighbour not doing you any significant harm argument so let's allow an extention. That might be fine on paper but the reality for those who live nearby is more pollution (even just from the fuel tankers and the fuel itself) let alone from the extra traffic that this petrol station will generate once people get to know that the prices are so so much cheaper. So in effect our neighbours are already damaging our health(check the pollution figures for this bit of the Grove)and are being allowed to damage it further by building this petrol station. But yet once again the so called experts in there wisdom seem happy to ignore these factors when passing their plans and choose to look the other way at the detriment to people's health.

Do we never learn that just because it ticks the planners boxes doesn't make it necessarily the right thing to do. That's what's got the Grove into the mess it's in now. Poor planning decisions left for future generations to try to put right.
Expert
Villager

Expert
9th January 2016 at 1:55PM
I could reply in detail to Serenity's last post but I really can't be bothered. What I would say is that, in my experience, planners do not tick boxes neither do they have a "pipeline".

As for adopting this "make it go away and build it somewhere else" attitude, remember that the closer supermarkets and petrol stations are to people who want to use them, the less people will have to drive and consequently pollute in order to use them.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
9th January 2016 at 3:57PM
As for you blue grovers henchman i may have got some things wrong but thats better than your record of doing nothing but carp on the sidelines.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 >>

Part of..