A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Road works for 22 weeks starting feb

glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Road works for 22 weeks starting feb
26th January 2015 at 11:02PM
Seen a sign on the a6 near subway petrol station heading up to high lane today saying roadworks starting feb for 22 weeks, does anyone know what these are?
I really hope it's not the traffic lights going in for that car park they're building, surely can't be with all the knowledge the council have of traffic jams caused in hazel grove by traffic lights?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Road works for 22 weeks starting feb
27th January 2015 at 2:50PM, Edit: 27th January 2015 at 2:51PM by Serenity
More chaos, and for what.. If the road works are to install traffic lights I really don’t see how the traffic lights will operate without causing even more traffic hold ups for the Grove.

The whole car park/ traffic lights scheme is a really silly idea anyway. I know we need more parking spaces but I really can’t see a car park at that end benefiting the bit where it’s desperately needed that being the hospital end.

Whose going to park at that end of the Grove and catch a bus to the hospital/Manchester or walk from there to the train station? Not many I think.

I think it's being built so that in the future it will be linked to the new airport road and used by out of town commuters wishing to park and get a plane from the airport. I really can't see it benefiting the Grove at all.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
8th February 2015 at 5:25PM
Sat in traffic in hazel grove at 8 o clock last night to drive past a load of rd works with no one working, surely they should be working round the clock to get one of the busiest rd's in the country up and running again then have one lane for both sides of the a6, they did it when building sainsburys!!
Sat in it again today 25 mins to get from commercial rd to police station.
Can't be good for hazel groves pollution figures too having cars sat there!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
10th February 2015 at 9:03AM
Roadworks causing mayhem but nobody actually working on them have been a problem since Adam was a lad. I never get it - if it's because of the noise and consideration for the neighbours, I wonder if they've asked the neighbours? I'd agree to them working right through to get it done in half the time if I lived next to it! Buy some earplugs - job done!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

Part of..