13th March 2016 at 1:43PM 17 Comments 

<< 1 2 >>

glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: Response to the New Aldi store in Poynton
17th March 2016 at 6:07PM
sparrow Wrote:

my 2 children go to Hazel Grove High, one is sitting gcse's this year, I've had 5 years experience of the school and seen the improvements, yes there are times I feel like screaming in regards to some teachers but on the whole I'm pleased they go there. my nephew attends Bramhall and it sounds awful, drinking and drugs are a problem apparently, and Poynton High had a poor Ofsted so a 'better'area counts for nothing!!

Thanks Sparrow, were really worried as the junior school she goes now only has 5-6 girls in her class and they're all mates and they're all going Poynton while we felt Hazel grove would be better for her, were really worried whether we've made the right decision regarding her friends as she's Abit worried starting high school with no girl friends going grove!
Regarding the grove and Poynton though I grew up in gorton so the grove is like prestbury to me😂
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
17th March 2016 at 9:03PM, Edit: 21st March 2016 at 12:51PM by Adora
BlackCat Wrote:

Ok Norma, here we go then;
•     Hazel Grove Train Station is near the town centre unlike Poynton's which is nearly a mile out of town.
•     Hazel Grove has virtually a 24 hour bus service which even runs at Christmas and New Year. I don't think Poynton has a bus service.
•     According to the other posters Hazel Grove has better schools.
•     Even though some of the public houses are run down we still have more public houses that are decent, The Fiveways, Rising Sun, the Grove, the Three Bears, The Wilfred Wood, Bullock Smithy, George and Dragon.
•     Better shops with more choice including M&S food, Sainsbury's, Asda, yes and Aldi etc etc
•     We may not have a towers road but some of the houses on Jackson's lane are very plush
Have you ever lived in Poynton Norma? I have its a nightmare to get in and out of the place, and i'm glad to say I got out

Not fussed about the train station or bus service, I drive so I don't have to get on public transport.

Not fussed about schools as I'm too old to attend and don't have kids.

I'd question if a greater density of pubs is a good thing, especially in conjunction with your suggested better transport?

Better shops? Behave. Hazel Grove looks like a grubby hole with loads of empty/tatty shops, Poynton has a Parisian style street and a far greater standard of upkeep too.

Jacksons Lane isn't a patch on Towers Road or Anglesey Drive or Waters Reach or Southpark Drive...

Nope, never lived in Poynton but been out with a few girls from there and rattled a few others. I've never really had a problem as long as it's outside of rush hour and doesn't involve the mad mile. Maybe I just know the rat-runs via Bollington/Mottram St Andrew etc?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cartman
Villager

cartman
21st March 2016 at 1:21PM
Poynton has a great refuge centre, and endless amout of Charity shops , and a high-street built on style rather than substance .
Ive been a grover for 4 years , and coming from Altrincham its a much nicer , cleaner , less builtup area .
BlackCat
Villager

BlackCat
21st March 2016 at 10:28PM
"Parisian style" Ha ha ha now I know your havin a laf.
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
22nd March 2016 at 10:18AM
Paris is the last thing I associate with Poynton, as I stroll along the Champs de Park Lane and and pop into Greggs for a baguette and steak bake.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
23rd March 2016 at 2:15AM
I wouldn't expect the ethos of architecture to filter through to people who think an average area is great.
BlackCat
Villager

BlackCat
24th March 2016 at 9:14AM
"been out with a few girls from there and rattled a few others" explains the characteristic spirit of your culture.
<< 1 2 >>