A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Residents Parking

hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
Residents Parking
12th August 2014 at 8:51PM
Today I renewed my residents and visitors parking permits at Hazel Grove Library. The permits will run out on the 14th August. In the renewal letters it states that it can take up to 10days for the permits to be processed. Therefore I asked for a temporary permit to be issued as I have in the past. I was informed that current instructions state that only first time applicants can have a temporary permit. In all fairness the library assistants were very helpful and telephoned the department that issues the permits. I spoke to a very condescending person who informed me that the renewal letter was sent out over a month ago which was enough time to renew the permits. I reminded the individual that everyone's financial situation was different and that it was only now that I had the £62 to get the permits. I further reminded the individual that technically I had now bought the permits and should be covered however I was informed that Unless I could display a valid parking permit after the 14th then I could not legally park in the residents parking bay. I asked if I could display the receipt I had been given for the monies, in the windscreen so that I would be covered. The reply was "certainly not" . So if the Permits don't arrive before the 14th I will have to pay to park, and receive permits back dated the 14th.
Also be aware if you park on the station car park as my friend was fined £50 last year and had to pay the fine after his appeal was turned down.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Re: Residents Parking
13th August 2014 at 11:59AM
Don't you just love bureaucracy! Well worth posting this here and giving our councillors a chance to look at this. I suspect they would like to have the name of the person you spoke to as well, but don't put it on here!
hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
14th August 2014 at 1:27PM
Bullies!!!! They make the decisions without consultation and we have to do as we are told or else!!!!!!
hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
15th August 2014 at 11:18AM
Still no acknowledgement of my email that I sent to Oliver Johnstone.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
15th August 2014 at 12:45PM
Hi there

Sorry that I haven't got back to you sooner - I have been putting in some long hours at work to cover the meetings I attended in the previous week at the Town Hall.

Usually you can expect a reply from me within a day or so.

It's a tricky situation really.

Do you have a letter or anything confirming payment that you could stick on in your windscreen. That way if you wanted to challenge a fine, you have taken some kind of precaution first.

I will raise the issue internally with Council officers as I agree with you that it is not especially good service.

In the meantime keep me informed via email if there are any developments.
hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
15th August 2014 at 2:12PM
I have a receipt for the payment and was told in no uncertain terms that putting the receipt in my car window was not an option. If fact the reply I received was "certainly not".
The renewal letter did not state that temporary parking permits were only available for new applicants. I was informed by the staff at the library. Then I spoke to the person at the permits department. This is a total disgrace because the Local Authority has my money but I do not have any permits. Also Iam in danger of having a parking fine if I park in the residents bay.

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
15th August 2014 at 3:07PM
I will email you this evening about this.

I don't think it would be appropriate to discuss your particular case in detail on a public forum.
hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
15th August 2014 at 9:41PM
Cllr Johnstone many thanks for your response. I do appreciate that the forum is not the place to discuss personal grievances. Therefore perhaps we could do this via the personal email I sent you on the 13/08/14.

Part of..