Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

19th January 2018 at 3:48PM 40 Comments 

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Peregrine
Villager

Peregrine
Re: ROYAL OAK COMMERCIAL ROAD
14th June 2013 at 4:13PM
Latest on the R.O / Tesco / Mosque - Tesco have pulled out of their interest - and as we all know ALDI are doing fantastic so they have now stepped in and to 'take care of the overflow business' from their store nearby, ALDI are applying for permission to build on R.O site a store selling more of the 'funny gadgets' you buy but never use !! You heard it hear first.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
happy
Townsperson

happy
14th June 2013 at 5:32PM
Hmm true Damien I did hear a while ago about church near asda etc been knocked down but suppose we'll see what happens, Hazel grove has gone to the dogs anyway now with lots of trouble in Zuris and wetherspoons now I hate going out in the grove as its full of idiots....but a mosque I am definetly against whether its true or not Im afraid.
Brian2013
Area Ban

Brian2013
14th June 2013 at 5:59PM
believe me Happy there will definately be 1 or 2 in the next 10 years. You only have to look at the influx of the religion to the area in the last year. I went to school in Ashton where, at the time there were just 2 ethnic pupils,now there are probably just 2 'native pupils. I left Ashton as to not me a minority, but alas it is speading like a plague. As said previously, Hazel Grove will be infested with the grey squirrel spreading it's deseases & it's inability to co- habitate with the red squirrel & the red squirrel will not so gradually go into extinction. You really don't have to be a genius to see this. Thank god I'm the age I am!!
ComfortablyNumb
Villager

ComfortablyNumb
14th June 2013 at 6:15PM
Damien Wrote:

Happy, before you get all excited the "... is going to be a supermarket" and "... is going to be a mosque" is a running gag of the forum, I highly doubt the Royal Oak is going to be either.

By the way when will Asda be knocking down the Church, Anchor and Woodman for their petrol station? Been a while since I read anything about that.

Thanks Damien, thats all it was,("a running gag") a continuation of a thread on the forum 18 months ago (approx). Even norma was taken in. The saying is though ,,,NOT EVEN IN JEST. Will the joke come back to haunt us? .
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Brian2013
Area Ban

Brian2013
14th June 2013 at 6:30PM
Let's face it though. The thread was only started due to the absolute fear of this happening. It was started to gauge the general feeling in the area.
Damien
Villager

Damien
14th June 2013 at 7:15PM
Brian do you mean the absolute fear of Tesco coming to the area? With the number of supermarkets we already have, I can see how people would be scared at the thought of that.

Not sure how that explains the borderline racist comments though.
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
14th June 2013 at 7:24PM
It would make an excellent little traveller site though.
Brian2013
Area Ban

Brian2013
14th June 2013 at 7:27PM
I wouldn't waste my time to even attempt to answer a W**kers remark like that. Ha Ha !!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
14th June 2013 at 9:42PM

Damien Wrote:

Is that just "today" or throughout history? As I am sure I heard of terrorists before 9/11, though it could of just been a strange dream I had.

On a side note, how would people feel about it becoming a proper Irish pub?

As stated, it's just their 'moment' currently. 20 years ago if you heard of a terrorist attack you automatically assumed it was the IRA but not now.

ComfortablyNumb Wrote:

Thanks Damien, thats all it was,("a running gag") a continuation of a thread on the forum 18 months ago (approx). Even norma was taken in. The saying is though ,,,NOT EVEN IN JEST. Will the joke come back to haunt us? .

I wasn't taken in, I was just touching on points in the thread. I am well aware that 'Guest' used to post about mosques anytime the subject of 'what is happening with x,y,z' cropped up.
rm103167
Villager

rm103167
2nd April 2018 at 8:24AM
Erection of retirement living accommodation comprising 40 self-contained apartments with associated communal facilities, landscaping and car parking, following demolition of existing buildings/structures.

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P08J1SPJLSQ00
<< 1 2 3 4 >>