10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Private Hire Vehicles

<< 1 2 3 >>

boomerang
Villager

boomerang
Private Hire Vehicles
15th November 2015 at 10:19PM
I notice there are quite a few private hire vehicles plated from outside of Stockport. I've watched the drivers whilst parked up spitting out of their windows and playing loud music outside of peoples homes, the vehicles are dented and have lights out. Tonight I was stood at the crossing outside of Asda, the lights turns red, as I was about to cross I thought one last look, I see a private hire vehicle getting closer, then goes straight through the red lights, he didn't even slow down. Are drivers and their vehicles not being tested and spot checked anymore?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
Re: Private Hire Vehicles
16th November 2015 at 12:01AM, Edit: 16th November 2015 at 8:17AM by Fi_nix
I do not know if this is true or not, so forgive me for spreading rumour but I think it might be the case - many drivers do their tests and get their taxi driver wings in Rossendale as it is supposedly easier and less stringent and cheaper. I think that might answer why so many have out of town driver plates.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
16th November 2015 at 8:16AM
Fi_nix Wrote:

I do not know if this is true or not, so forgive me for spreading rumour but I think it might be the case - many drivers do their tests and get their taxi driver wings in Rochdale as it is supposedly easier and less stringent. I think that might answer why so many have out of town driver plates.
This is correct. Many of the Blueline drivers hail from Lancashire, Rossendale, Burnley, Blackburn, etc. But this does not explain why they cannot use a Sat Nav. Personally I want to relax when I get in a cab, I object to telling the driver how to get to my destination. #shouldwalkreally
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
18th November 2015 at 7:58PM
This is all correct! I would rather walk and have done on a regular basis than give these immigrant drivers my money. Travel in there bashed up cars at your own risk! Do you really think SMBC are bothered???
believe me I know! Jeremy Beadle at Taxl Licensing hang your head in shame.
thealastairw
Villager

thealastairw
19th November 2015 at 9:43PM
The issue is, I believe, a legal loophole.

The rules say a licenced hackneycab from outside the borough can be used as a minicab in any borough. The hackney cab conditions re disabled access etc are slacker in other boroughs (eg: Rossendale)so there is an opportunity to use more vehicles in Stockport than would otherwise be licensed.

My worry is that if, say, you had a serious complaint, who would you address it to, Rossendale or Stockport?

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
21st November 2015 at 10:58AM
Doris Wrote:

This is all correct! I would rather walk and have done on a regular basis than give these immigrant drivers my money. Travel in there bashed up cars at your own risk! Do you really think SMBC are bothered???

I knew Jeremy Beadle must have had a small hand to play in all of this tom-foolery!
TheQuestion
Newcomer

TheQuestion
24th November 2015 at 12:15PM
Doris Wrote:

What does them being immigrants have to do with it?
You've obviously been in their cabs a few times to discover their nationality???

Off you go back to 1940....
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
25th November 2015 at 12:02AM
The fact they are all from Burnley, Rossendale etc and are all mainly asian immigrants that drive the cabs and also have a poor record of vehicle condition may have something to do with it!
I was in the taxi trade a long time and thats how I know! I did not take a ride with them as you put it.
I await your next sarcastic post defending the sorry state the Stockport Taxi trade.
TheQuestion
Newcomer

TheQuestion
25th November 2015 at 3:39PM
Doris Wrote:

The fact they are all from Burnley, Rossendale etc and are all mainly asian immigrants that drive the cabs and also have a poor record of vehicle condition may have something to do with it!
I was in the taxi trade a long time and thats how I know! I did not take a ride with them as you put it.
I await your next sarcastic post defending the sorry state the Stockport Taxi trade.

Okay so all the people that come from Burnley and Rossendale are immigrants - sorry I thought you just meant taxi drivers in general, I didn't know you had also asked them where they from as well as where they were born.

I'm not defending the taxi trade, I'm defending people who narrow minded fools like you think it's okay to classify without knowing anything about them except that they have brown skin and drive a taxi.

I'd rather deal with them than you on a daily basis, but I'm happy to follow you around this forum making generalisations about your comments.
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
25th November 2015 at 10:37PM
TheQuestion Wrote:

Doris Wrote:

Okay so all the people that come from Burnley and Rossendale are immigrants - sorry I thought you just meant taxi drivers in general, I didn't know you had also asked them where they from as well as where they were born.

I'm not defending the taxi trade, I'm defending people who narrow minded fools like you think it's okay to classify without knowing anything about them except that they have brown skin and drive a taxi.

I say again my friend as you clearly have not listened.I have worked for one of the main companies in Stockport
fitting meters in to taxis, when the drivers come to me they have to communicate hence sharing information and telling me what nationality they are.I did not say everyone from Burnley,Rossendale was an immigrant! I said the majority of drivers that come down to Stockport to drive in Stockport are indeed immigrants from theses areas.dont believe me? Go and have a look at each car with a Rossendale plate on and you will see they are a. Not white and b.immigrants and not born in this country.I am not being racist just stating a fact.What do you do for a living Mr Newcomer?

I'd rather deal with them than you on a daily basis, but I'm happy to follow you around this forum making generalisations about your comments.
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..