Poynton road scheme - tried it yet?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
Re: Poynton road scheme - tried it yet?
6th May 2012 at 9:49PM
Drifter Wrote:

the main problem is the double roundabout that is difficult to navigate, you have to keep checking who you are giving way to, and from where.

The whole idea is that by introducing uncertainty, people drive more carefully and pay more attention to what is going on around them. When you have rules such as traffic lights, people tend to switch off their brains and just follow the rules. Which means that they are unprepared for the unexpected. Incidents at the new Fountain Place layout have been few and far between, and the few that have occurred have all been minor because of the slow speeds.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
6th May 2012 at 10:15PM
nedsram Wrote:

OliverJohnstone Wrote:

As for the Poynton Councillors, I shall be working very closely with them in the coming years as they are merged with our constituency.

That will be over the dead body of the vast majority of Poynton people - including all of the councillors whose views I am acquainted with.

Or...God forgive me this radical idea, but what about talking to them (a) before we get lumped together whether we like it or not or (b) even if we don't! Let's try a bit of pro-activity...too much to ask!
motorist
Drifter
29th May 2012 at 6:16PM
unfortunately i have to use that road get get to poynton hight and then to work we have to leave early now every day as the traffic is hell. i would never go shopping there ever again and child has only 2yrs left at sch thank god then never never going to poynton just dont bother as shop rubbish anyway
Pauly
Villager

Pauly
1st June 2012 at 5:53PM
Get a road that's already bad and make it worse, introducing uncertainty? So some old codger already baffled by normal traffic gets so uncertain he/she mowns down a bus queue mmmm...
Remember when I had a business in Failsworth years ago - some bright spark at the council decided to block the main approach road with bollards in a "trial traffic calming scheme" - end result huge lorries having to divert down little side streets and causing mayhem - think its still the same now.

Right somebody shoot me down now

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Advertising

Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
27th June 2012 at 4:36PM
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
27th June 2012 at 11:14PM
I quite agree....If I was a mod I would have deleted the links to stop the free advertising!
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
28th June 2012 at 8:58AM
Wouldn't be right to over rule another mods decision to pass a post!

No harm in pointing out the obvious though, hence the picture!
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
28th June 2012 at 5:55PM

Well, erm, I just over-ruled it! I'll try my very best to get over the wrath of the mod in question.

As you were.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
28th June 2012 at 11:32PM
Some sense at last!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>