10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Poor old William Wragg

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
Re: Poor old William Wragg
11th February 2016 at 12:36PM
He should have never bothered to get a job, get pregnant and he'd have been housed at our expense, creating a need to the state would make him a labour voter having any ambition beaten out of him.

It's clearly a non argument, he's not in a safe seat and not really a greasy poll climber/career politician so if I were in his shoes, I'd be banking on a salary of his previous job rather than anticipate a big salary.

It all comes down to financial prudence and not surprising that this concept is alien to the Labour supporters on here.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been deleted by the author.

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th February 2016 at 12:40PM, Edit: 11th February 2016 at 12:42PM by Mozza
The first paragraph makes no sense and sounds like Tory bluster and mumblings, the middle one is stupid because he's got a guaranteed 4/5 years in his job (which more than us lot can guarantee) and the last is presumptuous in the extreme, and pretty ironic as the Conservatives promote financial inprudity.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
11th February 2016 at 12:49PM
Mozza Wrote:

Earning £74,000 a year, with a potential to get a mortgage for £280,000 (4 times his salary, which isnt a great risk considering they used to do 7 times) poor old William has to live back with Mummy.
That's not including the fact he gets expenses and money for a flat near parliament.
And he says he has EMPATHY for us?
Do MPs live in the real world?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/10/housing-prices--conservative-mp-william-wragg-back-home

Joe. Nobody has an obligation to live in a flat they may not fancy. He could really play the expenses game and get a mortgage paid for both here and in London but he's not fleecing the tax-payer.

Of course it's been spun out in the riff raff rags like the Mirror & Guardian to feed their readership the usual bile but the reality of the story is hardly worth a comment.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th February 2016 at 12:59PM
Artie_Fufkin Wrote:

Mozza Wrote:

Earning £74,000 a year, with a potential to get a mortgage for £280,000 (4 times his salary, which isnt a great risk considering they used to do 7 times) poor old William has to live back with Mummy.
That's not including the fact he gets expenses and money for a flat near parliament.
And he says he has EMPATHY for us?
Do MPs live in the real world?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/10/housing-prices--conservative-mp-william-wragg-back-home

Joe. Nobody has an obligation to live in a flat they may not fancy. He could really play the expenses game and get a mortgage paid for both here and in London but he's not fleecing the tax-payer.

Of course it's been spun out in the riff raff rags like the Mirror & Guardian to feed their readership the usual bile but the reality of the story is hardly worth a comment.

It's pretty terribke when these papers write stories about Tories huh?
Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
11th February 2016 at 1:03PM, Edit: 11th February 2016 at 1:06PM by Artie_Fufkin
Mozza Wrote:

The first paragraph makes no sense and sounds like Tory bluster and mumblings, the middle one is stupid because he's got a guaranteed 4/5 years in his job (which more than us lot can guarantee) and the last is presumptuous in the extreme, and pretty ironic as the Conservatives promote financial inprudity.

Perhaps I'll explain, the raison d'etre of the Labour party is to create a reliance on the state and in so doing, creates a fear that any other government will cut off this life-line and ensure a labour vote. This can happen through benefits or public sector employment and this is borne out by the way people in the public sector vote.

He may be guaranteed a job for 4 years but he's not exactly been able to save at a £70k p.a rate for long and although you are right, 4 years guaranteed employment is something we can't enjoy, it's safe to say that our skills are transferable at a similar wage that we currently enjoy, an MP does not really have any transferable skills in the real productive economy, yes, he could get a job in a local council but I'd hope they don;t pay anything like £70k.

The fact Labour are not trusted with the economy is pretty much why they were not elected, you do realise that don't you?

You appear to be very bellicose in your posts, this is a bit of a trait within the left, is it a lack of understanding of the subject?
Goggins
11th February 2016 at 6:33PM
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th February 2016 at 6:54PM
Artie_Fufkin Wrote:

Mozza Wrote:

Perhaps I'll explain, the raison d'etre of the Labour party is to create a reliance on the state and in so doing, creates a fear that any other government will cut off this life-line and ensure a labour vote. This can happen through benefits or public sector employment and this is borne out by the way people in the public sector vote.

He may be guaranteed a job for 4 years but he's not exactly been able to save at a £70k p.a rate for long and although you are right, 4 years guaranteed employment is something we can't enjoy, it's safe to say that our skills are transferable at a similar wage that we currently enjoy, an MP does not really have any transferable skills in the real productive economy, yes, he could get a job in a local council but I'd hope they don;t pay anything like £70k.

The fact Labour are not trusted with the economy is pretty much why they were not elected, you do realise that don't you?

You appear to be very bellicose in your posts, this is a bit of a trait within the left, is it a lack of understanding of the subject?

I think the pugnaciousness shows in your personal jibes. That aggression is, as you're proving in your increasingly thoughtless and brash comments, quite the trait of the right.

You're using the 1 trick Cameron did at this last election, and boy are you holding onto it, brandishing the "there's no money left" piece of paper. The thing is, most of the analysts now say that that was a worldwide trend, and little to do with spending policy.
But you've got to be really careful here.. the economy could be about to crash, with the banks doing the same old trick..and after 5/6 years of a Conservative government, we're going to know who can't be trusted with the economy right? Or will that be spun out of all recognition too?
Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
11th February 2016 at 11:02PM
Mozza Wrote:

I think the pugnaciousness shows in your personal jibes. That aggression is, as you're proving in your increasingly thoughtless and brash comments, quite the trait of the right.

You're using the 1 trick Cameron did at this last election, and boy are you holding onto it, brandishing the "there's no money left" piece of paper. The thing is, most of the analysts now say that that was a worldwide trend, and little to do with spending policy.
But you've got to be really careful here.. the economy could be about to crash, with the banks doing the same old trick..and after 5/6 years of a Conservative government, we're going to know who can't be trusted with the economy right? Or will that be spun out of all recognition too?

Something about throwing stones? Whatever, we'll leave my pugnaciousness in your imagination.

I'm not so sure I used a trick, I thought I did a decent job of explaining how responsible people address a long-term financial commitment.

As for the economy, my view is that all governments of all colours (even the Lib dems) would have been caught out by the credit crunch but only Labour would have left themselves so insipid in their ability to react as they did. The massive problem was that TSPm had not really understood Keynesian economics in that he is supposed to have built up reserves in those good times so instead of turning the economic taps on in 2008, TSpm found that taps were already on full and they had been left on by some OEST for the last decade.

Oh,BTW, I'm not a Tory, just can't stand whiny left wingers.
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
12th February 2016 at 12:22AM
LOL

One of my mates sent me the link to that the other night asking if he was one of my drinking friends!?! My answer was along the lines of 'go away'.

He thought I might know him as I lived in a 'village', I had to spend the next 30 minutes explaining that he sounds like the sort of person that lives here above the age of 40. I pointed out that it's not a village, Hazel Grove isn't the sort of place where you know everyone and that you don't see McDonalds, KFC, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Meccano set train station car-parks, death hospitals, industrial estates, 2 huge carpet 'warehouses' in villages like Emmerdale? It's a bloody town.

He'll be maxing out his help to buy ISA...

I don't blame you William. Save a bigger deposit. If you want to stay in SK7 go for Woodford or Bramhall.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Part of..