Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Polling Day Today

Adora
Drifter
Polling Day Today
3rd May 2007 at 1:52PM
I hope there has been a good turn out today and people of the Grove have used their right to vote in a positive way. I went for the candidate who seemed to understand the issues directly affecting Hazel Grove and community life. I admire the candidates for putting themselves forward and 'sticking their head above the parapet'. It's easy to call them for what they don't do rather than appreciating ALL that they do do - and the amount of time they have to devote to making HG a better place.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Adora
Drifter
Taking and publishing photos of offenders
3rd May 2007 at 1:56PM
You know, it is not illegal for any of us to take a photograph of people committing offences and then sending that photo to the local papers - ask the public at large "Do you know who this is?" - Maybe if a few parents saw their delightful offspring caught in the act of vandalism and such and in the papers for all their friends and neighbours to see them as well, they might take a bit more notice of what their little darlings are up to.

Just a thought.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
JSmith
Villager

JSmith
Re: Taking and publishing photos of offenders
3rd May 2007 at 3:59PM
Adora Wrote:

You know, it is not illegal for any of us to take a photograph of people committing offences and then sending that photo to the local papers - ask the public at large "Do you know who this is?" - Maybe if a few parents saw their delightful offspring caught in the act of vandalism and such and in the papers for all their friends and neighbours to see them as well, they might take a bit more notice of what their little darlings are up to.

Just a thought.

Adora, I couldn't agree with you more. These little toe rags need to be named and shamed, Maybe that will stop them terrorising our neighbourhoods turning our town to pot.

I for one will be taking your advise. Though I doubt the parents of such brats would care at all, hell they may even frame the news article and put it on the wall to show off the achievements of their "little darlings".
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
Re: Polling Day Today
10th May 2007 at 4:11PM
Speaking of 'Polling Day' does anybody know the results?
Rover
Drifter
Re: Polling Day Today
10th May 2007 at 4:41PM
Posting picture of perpetrators is an interesting idea. I wonder what the legal implications are (Human Rights etc)?

On the one hand it could prove an effective tool in 'outing' the offenders embarrassing them into changing their ways though on the other hand I fear that it could create divide and bad feeling in the community and may just make them more determined.

This website and the Stockport express would be an effective way of doing it.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Part of..