Facebook Twitter LinkedIn MySpace Digg
Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

<< 1 2 3 >>

Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
The missing yellow lines from outside the DIY shop
20th February 2012 at 3:11PM
Hi all not sure if this should be in the Lost and Found section, there seems to be double yellow lines missing from outside the DIY shop on commerical road!!!
I've contacted the Council to no avail, i'm afraid.
It would be reasonable to assume the lines weren't due to Aliens abduction or UFO's, unless they've been relocated outside the newsagent's at the bottom of Bosden Fold.
I'll be reporting back with any updates asp, although please don't hold your breathe in anticipation expecting a promt response, YOU MIGHT NEVER BREATH OUT AGAIN.
I'll be forwarding this topic to http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
I'm sure this message will be appreciated more than the people who are meant to represent this community
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: The missing yellow lines from outside the DIY
21st February 2012 at 1:21PM
These lines should be in by now but they are only single yellow to prevent parking outside shopping hours and to prevent congestion in peak periods.
Double yellows would send the DIY and Hazeldines butchers broke
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
21st February 2012 at 6:01PM
So! Business needs is above public safety is it. Jeeezzzzzz. Printed a screen shot of this with mug shot to boot for when I may need it for an insurance claim.

Plus I thought it was a traffic offense to park with 10 metres of junctions. HwyCode Rule 217.

Time for Traffic Police. "The Police have powers to issue fixed penalty notices and remove vehicles which they consider are causing an obstruction."
Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
22nd February 2012 at 6:17PM
Double Standards or maybe one rule for one, one for another, all these spring to mind, people of Hazel Grove you decide.
Note the following observation.
How come there's now, double yellow lines outside the corner shop at the bottom oF Bosden fold road (the newsagents in the Valley for us Grovers) and as Counciller Hogg says there's only going to be single yellow line outside the DIY shop and Hazeldines, because quote!! it will affect their businesses, sorry for mentioning this "Will it not also affect the newsagents business too?
You would think the first priority would be safety, considering the most dangerous section of commerical road im my opinion is outside the DIY shop at the junction of Bean Leach road, with that absurd monstrousness high kerbstone causing even more safety issues as traffic drive into the middle of the road to miss it, it's an accident waiting to happen.

0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
23rd February 2012 at 10:32AM
Martinsbo, If you are local you would of noticed that there is a car park outside the row of shops by the news agents!
If someone is desperate for a paper (or more likely cigarettes) then they can use that, rather than recklessly parking on the corner.

Remind me where the customers for the DIY shop can park?
Let me guess the Royal Oak car park? Well I'm not sure the landlord would be chuffed that people needing some screws or a tin of paint are parking on his private property! Maybe we should park on the driveway of the house next door to the DIY as well!

As for Hazeldines, do we need double yellows there? However the customers can park on the front (garden/driveway?) or the side roads, so Kevin's argument of "saving the business" I will admit doesn't hold much water there.

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
23rd February 2012 at 5:27PM
Gill Hazeldines car park/front is frequently full as it is one of the sucessful businesses holding out against the supermarkets.
Customers would park in Talbot st etc so annoying the residents.
Single yellows are sufficient
Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
24th February 2012 at 10:07AM
Yep i've been to Specsavers, i've seen the car park, however the residents around the valley shops use the car park to park their cars, there's never any spaces, anyway i'm not interested where the customers may/might park if there's double yellow lines outside the DIY shop, the fact is!!! it's dangerous at that location, so by the laws of the land, that area should be an no parking zone.
Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
24th February 2012 at 11:35AM
GillB what do you "more likely cigarettes" than a paper, please explain?
Guest .
Drifter
12th March 2012 at 10:05PM
Still no sign of double yellow lines outside the DIY shop, its beginning to be an accident waiting to happen on a busy junction like that, most people waiting to turn left out of Bean Leach wait for cars coming up towards Commercial Rd to pass, however I have seen several come straight out aiming for cars and spouting abuse, whilst the cars coming up are trying their hardest to stay as far on their side of the road as possible without actually hitting a parked car, this is because the length of the various parked cars is so far down Bosden Fold people have to take a chance on getting through unhindered.Time something was done about it.
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
14th March 2012 at 10:12AM

Guest, what do you mean by "its beginning to be an accident waiting to happen on a busy junction like that"?

It's been like that for as long as I can remember, so I don't know where the "beginning" part comes from.

Besides, I've never had any problems at the junction my self. Living in the area, I drive past in all directions.

I would think their would only be an accident if somebody pulls out of Bean Leach when they should be.
Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
15th March 2012 at 3:44PM
God Gillb you are pathetic
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..