Facebook Twitter LinkedIn MySpace Digg
Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Cllr Hogg to fall on his own sword?
24th February 2012 at 8:55AM
William is just very busy - it is difficult for young and middle aged people to participate in politics as we have multiple responsibilities. It is however, important that we continue to participate despite this.

He does work extremely hard though.

Fair enough. I wanted to defend myself - which I have now done. And with that I shall leave it all said and done.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
24th February 2012 at 10:58AM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

William is just very busy - it is difficult for young and middle aged people to participate in politics as we have multiple responsibilities. It is however, important that we continue to participate despite this.

He does work extremely hard though.

Fair enough. I wanted to defend myself - which I have now done. And with that I shall leave it all said and done.

There's really no need to explain or to defend yourself Oliver.

You and William must be really hard working to get to where you have both got so far.

Melysia
Unverified

Melysia
24th February 2012 at 11:15PM
I'm not from Stockport, I'm (almost) married into it. I've only lived here for 18 months or so, but I actually really enjoy the diversity of shops especially where we live in Hazel Grove. You can get just about anything within a 10 minute walk. I have a few objections. One, dog poo and the other We buy gold, and pay day loan shops. They are within seconds of each other in Stockport town centre. What's going on??
Bob
Drifter
5th March 2012 at 12:21PM
Hello,

With regards to council parking charges & childrens' services, I was under the impression that councils could not make profit of charges and had to be reinvested into road based projects...not childrens' services?

Something to do with Westminster council?
Limecat
Banned
5th March 2012 at 10:24PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

William is just very busy - it is difficult for young and middle aged people to participate in politics as we have multiple responsibilities.

Why not push the boat out and call Kevin a fossil? He could be dubbed a Hoggosaurus! LMAO.

Melysia Wrote:

I have a few objections. One, dog poo and the other We buy gold, and pay day loan shops. They are within seconds of each other in Stockport town centre. What's going on??

I may be putting two and two together and coming up with four but maybe one of them buys gold off people and the other loans money to people that are short until payday? Maybe they are close together as they are competing with one another in terms of which one is easiest to get to without staining ones best Gola trainers on 'recycled' dogs dinner? Like a dole spongers Krypton Factor assault course...
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
6th March 2012 at 12:20PM
German Political Lager = Hoggmeister
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
6th March 2012 at 3:59PM
Agreed that Stockport is a bit depressing down in Merseyway these days, but I don't think HG is - it does well with what it's given - a big dirty busy main road, squeezed between some old houses that weren't designed with roads in mind.
I don't think the fact that shops are struggling is actually anyones fault (although I think it was accelerated in Stockport, due to parking fees at just the time that the Trafford Centre was doing it all better and free)
Peoples' habits are/have changed. Shopping centres cannot be as big as they were, as the same amount of people do not use them. You can't make people - I get a much better, less time consuming, better value service *in a lot of cases*, on the internet.
We can't stop things from changing, because we're used to, and understand, habits from 50 years ago - things change - get over it, and adapt.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
17th May 2012 at 9:22PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Oh by the way why is buying Debenhams wrong.
The council tax payers will benfit from this as the rent paid by Debenhams outweighs the cost of the borrowing. Oliver is obviously not in possesion of all the facts or as usual is just trying to score political points.

I've heard Debenhams is closing. Is this right? Will that mean no rental income to off set the councils investment? If that is the case, heads MUST roll!!!
Drifter
17th May 2012 at 9:22PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Oh by the way why is buying Debenhams wrong.
The council tax payers will benfit from this as the rent paid by Debenhams outweighs the cost of the borrowing. Oliver is obviously not in possesion of all the facts or as usual is just trying to score political points.

I've heard Debenhams is closing. Is this right? Will that mean no rental income to off set the councils investment? If that is the case, heads MUST roll!!!
Drifter
17th May 2012 at 9:35PM
Adora Wrote:

Hmm, well the Debenhams thing could be a good move if you think it through.

What, as far as the end of next week Adora...?

Had our increasingly famous Cllr Hogg considered finding out how long Debenhams were committed for?

I wonder what 'business' experience Cllr Hogg has. I'm assuming of course being Executive Member for Regeneration he was key in the decision for buying this building?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Part of..