Topic Options: Subscribe Subscribe Share This Post
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn MySpace Digg
Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Drifter
Re: Cllr Hogg to fall on his own sword?
11th February 2012 at 6:34AM
Limecat Wrote:

That is nothing against Councillor Hogg as I think the Conservatives will protect me far better going forward but Oliver strikes me as someone who is trying to run before he can so much as walk and his responses on this forum jump out SCREAMING that.

It's like teaching your gran how to suck eggs...

Totally agree with you Limecat.

At first I liked Oliver's view points and thought for his age he made a lot of sense, which he still does. However just lately he's taken some low punches at Cllr Hogg and has also taken the opportunity to join in with others in a few negative responses to Cllr Hogg, which I feel was a bit uncalled for.

I know Cllr Hogg is not right all the time (who is) but at least he does regularly come on this forum to express his own (often)heartfelt points of view, be they wrong or right.

Nothing wrong with speaking from the heart Cllr Hogg and I for one believe that you should only get involved in politics if you firmly believe and feel that you can make a difference, or otherwise what's the point.

I am sure that Oliver is very clever and his believes are just as honourable but at this moment in time I know who wins my vote.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
HG-21
Banned
14th February 2012 at 6:34PM
Where did you get your sword from Kevin?
May I borrow it? Grayskull isn't going to save itself!
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
15th February 2012 at 2:47PM
I have the power, well maybe a little smidgin. Nicked the sword off some muscle bound fella when he was looking the other way, his cat didn`t see me either, chucked it one of Adoras old chickens and nipped in to do the job while it was munching away
Fred
Drifter
18th February 2012 at 11:12AM
Drifter Wrote:

cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I will give a resume of my work if anyone wants it or in fact a breakdown of all the jobs my portfolio has created in the last four years.

You were asked earlier in this thread Cllr, so please do provde the resume.

And perhaps explain at the same time why Stcokport has more empty commercial space than anywhere else in the UK.

Still no response from Cllr Hogg. Speaks volumes doesn't it!
JohnEllis
Citizen

JohnEllis
18th February 2012 at 4:51PM, Edit: 19th February 2012 at 8:02PM by JohnEllis
Drifter Wrote:

However just lately he's taken some low punches at Cllr Hogg and has also taken the opportunity to join in with others in a few negative responses to Cllr Hogg, which I feel was a bit uncalled for.
Low punches are par for the course in British politics, and never more than when the date of an election peeps over the far horizon. From what I've seen, no party is worse than any other in this: all, at least of the ones I've come across, have people who campaign unscrupulously and all have people who disdain that sort of thing. But to me the "yah-boo" stuff is a total turn-off.
Limecat Wrote:

I voted Lib Dem both locally and nationally last time.
L/c, that surely means that you've become "one of us" - a naturalized Brit! - since you couldn't vote here if you weren't a British, or at least an EU, citizen.

That being so, I take back what I said about Americans - even the sweeter and more sensible ones that hail from California. With me, for a Yank who's become a Brit, all is sweetness and light!
Drifter
19th February 2012 at 6:30PM
WOW. read this a few times now, it goes all over the place , from mistyping to rambling. is this what forums are all about?
JohnEllis Wrote:

Drifter Wrote:

However just lately he's taken some low punches at Cllr Hogg and has also taken the opportunity to join in with others in a few negative responses to Cllr Hogg, which I feel was a bit uncalled for.
Low punches are par for the course in British politics, and never more than when the date of an election peeps over the far horizon. From what I've seen, no party is worse than any otherin this: all, at least of the ones I've come across, have people who campaign unscrupulously and all have people who disdain that sort of thing. But to me the "yah-boo" stuff is a total turn-off.
Limecat Wrote:

I voted Lib Dem both locally and nationally last time.
L/c, that surely means that you've become "one of us" - a naturalized Brit! - since you couldn't vote here if you weren't a British, or at least an EU, citizen.

That being so, I take back what I said about Americans - even the sweeter and more sensible ones that hail from California. With me, for a Yank who's become a Brit, all is sweetness and light!
HG-21
Banned
19th February 2012 at 7:49PM
Discussion? Yes, well observed young padawan.
JohnEllis
Citizen

JohnEllis
19th February 2012 at 8:00PM, Edit: 19th February 2012 at 8:03PM by JohnEllis
Drifter Wrote:

WOW. read this a few times now, it goes all over the place , from mistyping to rambling. is this what forums are all about
Ah well. no one's loved by everyone - not even a sweet soul like me!

Only one typo that I can see, though; which I've corrected. as it offends ...
Limecat
Banned
20th February 2012 at 12:38AM
JohnEllis Wrote:

I love the way you intentionally put a 'z' in there. Some may overlook that detail, it didn't escape me. LMAO.

I have lived here since I can remember. I am sure a few people on here (if they raise their heads) will confirm that I talk like a Manc, not a Yank.   

Given the choice as to where I would rather be is quite simple. It isn't here. I intend to have a stint in Dubai and enhance my cash deposits and then go back to my place of birth, the Mrs isn't too interested in either but sod it, loads of birds out there! (I noted with interest that your son works at the same place as me - payoff + manipulation of various things = quids in for me. I hope it's the same for him?)
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
20th February 2012 at 12:08PM
Fred you made aspertions that I do nothing and wanted a resume of my work for Stockport as Exec member for regeneration. Here it is

JOBS CREATED AND SAFEGUARDED
Over the last 4 years, 4,000 new jobs have been created by companies relocating or establishing themselves in Stockport. A further 3,000 jobs have been safeguarded by company investments in the borough.

CURRENT REGENERATION AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY
The Regeneration and Development team, working with other council services and its external partners, continues to facilitate development across the borough. In recent years, the development of key sites in and around the borough has progressed:

Covent Garden Urban Village – a proposed community of family homes, shops and open space:
•     Plot 1 commenced on site in 2011
o     Funding of £2.8m from HCA secured for the development
o     46 apartments to be managed by Stockport Homes
o     Completion Spring 2013
o     Total of £5.7m investment
•     Get Britain Building Funding
o     Seddons Expression of Interest £1.64m investment approved,
o     Due diligence being undertaken
o     Requires Start on Site in June 2012, with units (41) completed by Dec 2014
•      Growing Places Funding (see also Resource Procurement below)
o     Application made by Council for Growing Places Investment Funding for Land Acquisition and Infrastructure works.

Grand Central:
•     Site acquired by the Council in January 2011
•     Development partner, Muse, selected in December 2011. Development agreement being negotiated.
•     £5m secured from the Station Commercial Project Facility (TfGM and Network Rail) for works to create a 1,420 space multi-storey car park next to the train station.
•     Planning application submitted for temporary car park
•     Work on car park scheduled to start mid-2012

Bramall Hall and Park
•     £67k secured from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) towards drawing up plans for essential repairs and improvements for the site
•     Second stage bid is being co-ordinated to develop detailed proposals to secure a further £932,600 from the HLF to conserve and transform the hall for the benefit of residents and visitors

Knightsbridge
•     Planning application for new Sainsbury’s store was submitted in July 2011

Major Housing development (working with the Council’s Strategic Housing service)
•     A further 125 new homes being built in the town centre.
•     Shared ownership properties and affordable housing will be completed in 2012/13 at the Royal Oak Brewery, Peaches & High Street, 7-9 Lower Hillgate and Citadel Phase II sites – all in the Hillgate area
•     A total investment of over £ 14m with over £5m support from the HCA
Former Woodford BAE Systems site
•     We are working with the new owner’s agents to draw up a Supplementary Planning Document for the site

Bridgefield
•     We are working with industry experts to develop a leisure-led scheme to increase activity and footfall in the town centre into the evening. This will involve the relocation of the cinema from the Grand Central site.
•     The site remit includes the Council-owned Bridgefield car park and will be assisted by the acquisition of the lease for the Debenhams building
•     An application for outline planning permission is scheduled to be submitted in 2012.
•     Application made by Council for Growing Places Investment Funding for Land Acquisition and Infrastructure works (see also Resource Procurement below)

M&S Investment proposals
•     M&S plan to undertake a 'modernisation scheme' (as M&S refer to it) at the Stockport town centre store is 99% certain and all staff have been notified.
•     Current plan is to commence work by May with completion by October half term.
•     Estimate exceeds £1m.
•     This is part of a wider programme of store modernisation - which includes Manchester branch.

EMPLOYMENT AND SKILLS SUPPORT
Work Clubs, Learning and Employment Lounges and Employment and Skills Advisor service as at 31st January 2012.

The table below shows the cumulative totals of people engaged by the Employment and Skills Advisors and known successful outcomes for those individuals engaged.

Work Club facilities are now available in 6 different venues
•     Learning and Employment Lounges, Brinnington (Mon), Adswood & Bridge Hall (Tues), Lancashire Hill (Weds) these sessions are facilitated by Employment and Skills Advisors
•     The following are new services starting in January 2012.
o     Dialstone Library (Weds) – facilitated by Work Solutions Next Step service, Supported by Employment and Skills Advisors
o     Black Lion Hillgate (Thurs) – facilitated by Stockport Mind, Supported by Employment and Skills Advisors,
o     Stockport College, Wellington House, (Fri) facilitated by Stockport College.
During January 2012, a total of 19 new people have accessed Work Clubs that are facilitated or supported by Employment and Skills Advisors, 75 people in total since the start of the initiative. (Figures not yet known for Stockport College)

BUSINESS NETWORKS & SUPPORT
Since 2007, the Economic Development team has run the South Manchester Financial & Professional Network. Held every quarter, it regularly attracts over 50 representatives from Stockport’s Financial & Professional community. In October last year over 80 businesses attended to hear a keynote speech by the Bank of England’s Chief Economist. The Team also hosts bi-monthly networking events for members of Creative Stockport and quarterly networking events for businesses in Stockport Low Carbon sector. We have recently established business groups for some of the borough’s key employment areas including Bredbury, Bramhall Moor Lane and Bird Hall Lane. Each group attracts close to 30 businesses to discuss local issues and network with neighbouring businesses.

Other events that have been organised and been popular with business community include annual Developers Event and Olympic Procurement Opportunities event.

Meet the Buyer has become an annual event and has assisted in encouraging Stockport’s public organisations and some key private sector businesses to procure more goods and service from Stockport based suppliers.

In 2011/12, the Town and District Centre Management team has continued its work to develop and increase membership of the Stockport Town Centre Business & Retail Forum and the Town Centre Management Network Forum – 4 meetings held, producing 3 editions of the TownInfo newsletter for distribution to the town centre business community. Management and support also continued for 10 District and Local Centre Partnerships and 7 Business Associations to develop collective business initiatives.

In 2011/12, twelve face-lifting grants were issued to local businesses in Stockport as part of the Vacant Commercial Units/Face-lifting Initiative. The scheme had over 30 enquiries.

This year we’ve worked with the town, district and local centre partnerships to support over 35 events & activities, (including Stockport Festival: over 40,000 attended), and over 300 partners/funders were involved. Over 19 festive events were held in the borough with Festive Lights across 24 centres.

Town centre footfall figures rose by 20% on the year before (2010) and we can report 0% vacancies on Heaton Moor Road.

AWARDS
In 2008, the Council was awarded a Regeneration & Renewal Boosting Productivity Award in recognition of the all the support provided at Houldsworth Mill and at Broadstone Mill. In 2010, the Council was crowned joint ‘Public Sector Team of the Year’ at the Insider Property Awards North West 2010. The Council was nominated by the development industry in recognition of how supportive the Council is in supporting investment.

The Council’s work with its development partners to progress key sites in and around the borough has produced results of outstanding quality. Since 2007, regeneration activity in Stockport has been nationally and regionally recognised over 30 times, primarily for housing, conservation and the public realm for schemes including Stockport Plaza, the Covered Market Hall, Mersey Vale Nature Park, St. Peter’s Square and the Mealhouse House Brow housing development.

RESOURCE PROCUREMENT
Our work to lever funding into the borough for development continues. In 2011/12, the Resource Procurement team successfully secured £8.7m and supported bids totalling £17.5m. A decision is currently awaited on submissions which come to £6.1m.

We also developed the following bids:
Stockport Pipeline Projects for the GM LEP Programme:
•     Grand Central
•     Covent Garden
•     Bus Station
•     Bridgefield
ERDF bid (£800K):
•     Stockport Incubator
ERDF GM Pipeline bids:
•     Grand Central and Stockport Railway Station (2no.)

HLF Bids were submitted for Marple Aqueduct and Mellor Mill

INVESTMENT
Since 2007, circa £110m has been invested in Stockport town centre alone, delivering projects including the St. Peter’s Square office development and public realm improvements, Stockport College workshops, Stockport Plaza, the Covered Market Hall and inward investment from new businesses such as Infiniti and BSkyB.

I work daily with officers on this dept and am looking at new schemes not yet mentiponed as they are commercially sensitive. This gives some idea of my work but doesn`t reflect it all that list would be too long. Hope thois clears up the innuendo`s Fred
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Part of..