A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Peel centre car parking

happy
Townsperson

happy
Peel centre car parking
15th December 2015 at 9:10AM
Really dont understand why they need car reg to park as if i pay for 3 hours parking but am only an hr & a half then why cant I pass on my ticket to someone else who can use the rest of the time on that space Ive paid for??????? think its a daft rule
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
Re: Peel centre car parking
15th December 2015 at 11:03AM
Because its owned by a private car parking company and a photo is taken of your car number plate. I never park here and choose free car parks or council ones. But remember if a private car parking company try to fine you, its not legally enforceable and just an invitation to pay, they will send plenty of intimidating and threatening letters then disappear.
happy
Townsperson

happy
15th December 2015 at 11:10AM
Thanks for the info...but my friend had his car clamped near his house as he hadnt paid fine from private car park and they handed it to balliffs....I wont use Peel centre again though
sam39
Villager

sam39
16th December 2015 at 2:27PM
Anybody who parks in a private car park, such as the Peel Centre, needs to be careful to observe the Terms and Conditions. It has been posted frequently on this site that any additional charge levied by the car park operator is an invitation to pay rather than an enforceable contractual term. However, on November 4th the Supreme Court found in favour of Parking Eye in the case of Beavis versus Parking Eye. Mr Beavis refused to pay a penalty charge of £85, levied by operator Parking Eye, for overstaying his two hour slot by 56 minutes. He was taken to court which found in favour of Parking Eye. He fought his case up to the Supreme Court supported by 'Which'. However, he lost. The Supreme Court ruled that Parking Eye were entitled to levy the charge - both for managerial reasons (to control overstaying), and because the charge was clear as part of the T&Cs. In addition, the charge was proportionate. This does not remove the right to appeal against a penalty charge, for example if a person is delayed by an emergency, but it makes clear that the operator is entitled by law to levy such a charge.
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
17th December 2015 at 1:07PM
If anyone does get a so called fine off a private car parking company there is a lot of information on websites such as Pepipoo and moneysavinexpert.com that can help. But the main thing is don't park in the peel center or Aldi stockport, both car parks are known to have dodgey cameras. Its a shame for town centers and local business that are blighted by these companies, I choose to spend my money elsewhere.
Expert
Villager

Expert
19th December 2015 at 10:12AM
Complain to the outlet you're shopping at (I assume you're using one of the Peel Centre Shops?). I paid, threatened never to darken the door of PC world again, and they offered to pay my parking fee.

To give them their due, Peel Holdings must be rather hard up as they (allegedly) only own 9 million square feet of investment property and 33 thousand acres of land. As an alternative, if you don't want to pay to park, why don't you use the park and ride and get the bus?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

Part of..