A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

parking at Dunelm Mill

natbags
Villager

natbags
parking at Dunelm Mill
27th June 2015 at 11:06AM
Hi,can anyone advise me? I recieved a parking charge last week for exceeding the maximum stay time at Dunelm Mill,the company being Total Parking Solutions. I genuinly and honestly thought you were given three hours here,and now wonder if i was getting mixed up with Tesco! (Yes,i know i should have double checked the sign) i have read lots of posts on here about the Peel Centre parking and the general gist seems to be that they wouldnt be able to take you to court anyway,and i do know a couple of people who have refused to pay, and eventually they stopped issuing charge notices. Would the same apply, although its a different company? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
tarboat
Villager

tarboat
Re: parking at Dunelm Mill
27th June 2015 at 7:10PM
Just ignore them.
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
28th June 2015 at 7:50PM
Private car parking companies are a nightmare. Don't try to communicate with them, then they will hound you for months/years to come. Don't pay its an invoice/invitation to pay, not a fine, only police or council can issue parking fines. Go on pepipoo or the Martin Lewis money saving expert websites for good advice. But remember don't pay it!

This post has been deleted by the author.

natbags
Villager

natbags
28th June 2015 at 10:19PM
Thanks for that,ive had a look on the sites and there is some really useful and interesting info on them.Going to try to stick it out and ignore them,just hope i dont fold at the last minute! But thats how they get people isnt it! I shall stay strong.!
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
28th June 2015 at 11:04PM
I got one from excel parking in the peel center. Paid the money for 3 hrs parking and stayed for approx 1 hr. But the machine had not printed the correct number plate reg ( i didn't enter it wrong, it was the machine, i know my car regarding, I've had the car 8 years!) they tried to charge me £60 for not displaying the correct reg. after months of intimidating threatening letters, I've heard nothing since last year. These companies are vile.

Part of..