Park and Ride

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
Re: Park and Ride
30th May 2012 at 2:25PM
Drifter Wrote:

this money would be better spent on the bypass.

It wouldn't pay for much in the grand scheme of road building, it certainly wouldn't be enough to get the NEEDED leg of the 'bypass' started!

Maybe it would be better to use the money to pay a team of traffic light removal men (or Women) and to pay for some yellow paint so the full stretch of the A6 through Stockport could have double yellows!

Then with some enforcement of the double yellows we would get much better flowing traffic and the revenue from fines could pay for the lollypop peeps we are missing!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
30th May 2012 at 2:38PM
Drifter Wrote:

You are literally a tool, please stfu now.
I commute every single day to the city centre, the bus from Hazel Grove takes nearly at least 1hr 30mins to get to Piccadilly from Hazel Grove.
The A6 is a disaster, this money would be better spent on the bypass.

Who are you directing the 'tool' comment to ?
Limecat
Banned
30th May 2012 at 8:53PM
'nearly at least'

Hmmm...
yetty
Villager

yetty
9th July 2012 at 8:01PM
just had a thought whilst walking past this site,why not make a rail platform and access steps up from the carpark.this would make a great way of getting into Manchester.
SatiricalSloth
Top Photographer

SatiricalSloth
9th July 2012 at 8:32PM
There used to be a station on that line back in 1914, however it was closed after 4 or 5 years.

I can't see there being much demand for a new station, besides I thought this was a bus Park and Ride?
yetty
Villager

yetty
9th July 2012 at 9:18PM
the old station was in the middle of nowhere,what I was suggesting would be right next to a car park,and yes what is proposed is a bus park n ride,but then you are stuck with the traffic on the A6.
Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
24th January 2016 at 8:09PM
Limecat Wrote:

Coleman Wrote:

But dearer, slower, more inconvenient, less reliable, and all in all a much worse experience than driving!

I know the roads are busy and parking can be a pain but British public transport is very expensive and very low quality!

That is singularly the most IGNORANT post I have read on a forum since I first found the Internet.

I genuinely mean that.

For where I commute to, it hits the nail on the head. If I had to commute and park in the City Centre (*cough* fees) and drove a tired old banger then that's the most stupid post since time began.

It would be cheaper by train in that circumstance.
It would be faster by train in that circumstance.
It would be more convenient due to time/money and directness in a train in that circumstance.
It would be more reliable in that circumstance.
It would be a better experience if you do not like sitting in traffic.

but it uses busses, not trains. its a terrible white elephant thought up by council staff, doomed to fail as most have pointed out back in the day. the reason for reviving this thread js that I use the facility every work day. I park, I get my bike out the boot and ride to work. on Friday, I was stopped to be advise I can't park and ride if I don't get the bus. he said my car reg would be noted (golly). this would not be so weird if I were taking a commuters space but at 8:45 there were 12 cars in the car park & most were bus drivers'.
Artie_Fufkin
Villager

Artie_Fufkin
24th January 2016 at 8:11PM
it would actually work at a rail park and ride to Stockport.
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
26th January 2016 at 9:15AM
Artie_Fufkin Wrote:

its a terrible white elephant thought up by council staff, doomed to fail as most have pointed out back in the day.

As it has been pointed out many times before, this has absolutely nothing to do with the council.
Expert
Villager

Expert
26th January 2016 at 9:59AM, Edit: 26th January 2016 at 10:01AM by Expert

but it uses busses, not trains. its a terrible white elephant thought up by council staff, doomed to fail as most have pointed out back in the day. the reason for reviving this thread js that I use the facility every work day. I park, I get my bike out the boot and ride to work. on Friday, I was stopped to be advise I can't park and ride if I don't get the bus. he said my car reg would be noted (golly). this would not be so weird if I were taking a commuters space but at 8:45 there were 12 cars in the car park & most were bus drivers'.

As Jenny has pointed out, the facility has nothing to do with Stockport Council; their only involvement was to deal with the planning application for it and collect the business rates it generates.

May I suggest that if you owned a piece of land and someone came along, parked their car on it and took off on a bike without so much as a by-your-leave, you would object. The site belongs to the bus company and if you're not using the bus, you're trespassing!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Part of..