Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

not local,but would love to be,any advice please?

aimee
Idler

aimee
not local,but would love to be,any advice please?
16th March 2007 at 3:07PM, Edit: 17th March 2007 at 11:35AM by aimee
hello everyone :)
My name is Aimee and I visit Hazel Grove quite often, its a lovely place but i currently live in Staffordshire and would love to move into HG or the surrounding areas. I know that this is a forum specifically for the locals but I really would appreciate any advice you could give me.
I've contacted most if not all the local estate agents and they all require a garentore, this is a problem for me as I do not have one thats eligible for there requirements. So that means that (obviously) I need a full time job,which I was aware of from the start. Its certainly a chicken and egg situation as I can't get a full time job,without somewhere to live,and I can't get anywhere to live,if I'm not working. I do have a few interviews lined up and I'm registered with an employment agency, I can only look on the internet but I cant keep up to date with any private lettings or opportunities if I'm not there.
Since I am only 19 I'm still young and in-experienced in this, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as I really could use it! Im not in a desperate situation as such, I live with my dad,so i do have a roof over my head but personally the living conditions could be better,and I also seek independence. Kindest regards and I hope to hear from you soon!
Many thanks in anticipation

Aimee
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Rover
Drifter
Re: not local,but would love to be,any advice plea
17th March 2007 at 4:46PM
Hi Aimee,
how come you are particularly keen on Hazel Grove, have you got your heart set on it or would you also be interested in other parts of Stockport? Hazel Grove is certainly a good enough place to move o and I have seen a few houses with letting signs around but ideally I would have thought you would want to be moving in with people you know like friends , mainly becauseyou know you can trust them. It is a big step especially at such a young age so you should be a little careful but admire you for it.
I cant really give any good advice on the 'chicken and egg' type situation, but one idea that springs to mind is that you could get a job with a company who are near you in Staffordshire and then transfer within that company to Hazel Grove/Stockport area when you move.

good luck
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
aimee
Idler

aimee
17th March 2007 at 4:51PM
thank you for your reply :) Well if im honest I do know one person in Hazel Grove,he is my bf,but mentioning that makes my situation more complex then it is,so im set to do it on my own for the time being..we want to move in together but it makes things even harder when im not there..thats another story though..and the only other problem is that im an impatient person, (probably due to my age mainly) which is an unfortunate trate i know. And what ive seen of Hazel Grove which is most its so so nice,i love the parks,the scenary and just the general feel of it when im there,i do feel like im at home (corny as it sounds)I'm due to go into stockport on tuesday for two interviews,but if im successful where do i go from there? I'm going to take advantage of that and look around in shops and maybe go into citizens advice and ask for any help i can. But thank you for your response its not an easy thing to come up with some sort of solution i know.

Mr Observer
Drifter
19th March 2007 at 9:41AM
if you get the job then go and live with your boyfriend temporarily or live in cheap b+b or even hostel like ymca, cant your dad or other relative act as guaranteer?
Aimee
Drifter
21st March 2007 at 10:30AM
thanks, thats what conclusion i have come to as well,unfortunately i cannot stay with my boyfriend for other reasons, and with a garentore they generally need to be a home owner (as paying a mortgage or basically being a home owner) and that is something that i do not have. I do not know anyone at all under these conditions so b&b seems to be my only option at the moment...such a pickle!

thanks

Aimee
Rover
Drifter
24th March 2007 at 10:10AM
Any Luck?
aimee
Drifter
31st March 2007 at 11:09AM
hiya,sorry its taken so long to reply ive had internet trouble...

not so much luck well ive had a little bit,ive had three interviews,two unsuccessful and one im waiting to hear from but i think i did well so if i get that then im going to stay at the b&b on mount pleasent for a short time...ive kind of arranged a financial negotiation so hopefully i wont be losing too m uch money in the process..other then that nothing new here im afraid,i think thats the only thing i can do for now..sigh...such is life
charlie
Villager

charlie
3rd May 2007 at 6:31PM
Are you dead set on HG? Would you not consider somewhere else in Stockport? i moved on to Edgeley from HG which isnt too far & is much cheaper. You will still need a full time job. Can you not rent for a while first you may not even like it anyway. Dont rush into anything. Hope it all works out for you though.

Part of..