10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Norbury Crossing

<< 1 2 >>

tarboat
Villager

tarboat
Norbury Crossing
17th February 2016 at 6:49AM
Rumours are about that Network Rail intend to close the level crossing on Norbury Hollow Road once the SEMMS scheme is completed. Any more solid information out there? Any views?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: Norbury Crossing
18th February 2016 at 5:51PM
I too read this on another forum a few days ago but it came from somone who spoke to one of the rail crossing workers so I take that with a pinch of salt untill I see it in writing from the council or somone Abit more official!!
Can't see how it could be closed with residents on the other side of the crossing would have to go right round Poynton to head to Stockport and I can't see them being too happy whereas the few thst life on the a6 side would be chuffed as they'd have a private rd to themselves but they must be suffering at the moment since the roundels went in Poynton that everyone says has improved traffic yet norbury crossing is busier than ever as everyone uses the rat run to avoid Poynton town centre😂
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
18th February 2016 at 8:02PM
glenandem Wrote:

I too read this on another forum a few days ago but it came from somone who spoke to one of the rail crossing workers so I take that with a pinch of salt untill I see it in writing from the council or somone Abit more official!!
Can't see how it could be closed with residents on the other side of the crossing would have to go right round Poynton to head to Stockport and I can't see them being too happy whereas the few thst life on the a6 side would be chuffed as they'd have a private rd to themselves but they must be suffering at the moment since the roundels went in Poynton that everyone says has improved traffic yet norbury crossing is busier than ever as everyone uses the rat run to avoid Poynton town centre😂

Glen, you have NO credibility. You bought a house on a major road, knowing full well that there was a good chance of another busy road being built on your already busy doorstep then claim that you are some sort of 'victim'.

The facts of the matter are that you 'chanced your arm' and got an already priced in discount due to its crap location. Now you think that the likes of me, a tax payer, should 'compensate' you for the fact that you were stupid enough to buy a house and ignore the checks? Hell, you already live on one of the busiest roads in the county, with little more than a pavements width from your front door to the road. Not like you live somewhere quiet and bought before this was in the pipeline is it?
tarboat
Villager

tarboat
18th February 2016 at 8:02PM, Edit: 18th February 2016 at 10:11PM by tarboat
Have exchanged messages with Network Rail who confirmed that there is no foundation to the rumour and they have no plans to close the crossing.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
18th February 2016 at 9:29PM
Norma, shooting your mouth off again as usual, for your info when we bought our house the proposed bypass as it was then was dead and buried plus the route near my house as it is now wasn't the plan, they was supposed to be putting a roundabout at Simpsons bend and then taking it straight on towards bredbury but as Hazel grove is now the get on get off for the now airport link rd it's something we've all got to live with, believe it or not the new plan will suit me better as it takes the a6 as you said right outside my house and put it in the field behind me!!
I didn't but the house at a discounted rate neither did anyone else in the area who've moved in since but I'm still gonna claim some compo why the hell not😉
Anyway what has me living where I am got absolutely anything to do with this subject, we're talking about norbury crossing and it closing which I'm certain personally won't happen as its a major rat run for plenty of people to avoid Poynton and as I said people who live just on the Poynton side of the crossing won't be impressed having to drive all the way around Poynton to come back towards Hazel grove if they was heading to Stockport.
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
19th February 2016 at 11:03AM
glenandem Wrote:

I didn't but the house at a discounted rate neither did anyone else in the area who've moved in since but I'm still gonna claim some compo why the hell not😉

There is everything that's wrong with this country in one sentence.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
19th February 2016 at 1:17PM
I agree it doesn't sound good when I put it like that and I'm like everyone else in society that feels they're owed something but would you buy a house at full market value not discounted as Norma stated and then be impacted by the airport relief rd and possibly loose property value and not try to claim for some sort of compensation?
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
19th February 2016 at 1:25PM
glenandem Wrote:

I agree it doesn't sound good when I put it like that and I'm like everyone else in society that feels they're owed something but would you buy a house at full market value not discounted as Norma stated and then be impacted by the airport relief rd and possibly loose property value and not try to claim for some sort of compensation?

glenandem Wrote:

believe it or not the new plan will suit me better as it takes the a6 as you said right outside my house and put it in the field behind me!!

You admit that the new road will benefit you, but you want compensation for it? Your just like everyone else who wants easy money that they don't deserve.

IF (and only if) your property *actually* loses value (I highly doubt it will, you'll now be living on a quiet local road rather than a busy through route) then you may have a case for the difference in value when you come to sell it. Until then then you're just leeching money you don't deserve.

Do you go around looking for bumps in the pavement too? Easy claim.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
19th February 2016 at 3:39PM
I suspect what Norma was suggesting is that the new road was likely already to be factored into the house purchase price by the market ... i.e. what people were willing to pay as opposed to what the seller really wanted to sell at. This happens all the time and there is every chance you didn't know it at the time.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
19th February 2016 at 3:43PM
I love people who think they know everything about you and your personal circumstances, that's another problem with this country some people who think they can judge without knowing all the facts!!
If after I've tried to claim compensation not just for the impact of the rd and the traffic it will attract when open but also the impact of all the building work and noise in having to put up with now and the house has gone up in value and they said no then I'd be happy with that but as like anyone else in this world I'm no different, I guarantee you'd do the same so don't try and judge me.
Crazy how this post has jumped on me when it actually started about norbury crossing, do me a Favour stick to the original post of norbury crossing, if your not happy about people feeling they have a right to claim compensation without knowing all the facts then go campaign about it😉
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..