A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

New year in The Grove

happy
Townsperson

happy
New year in The Grove
17th December 2015 at 10:04AM
Ive heard that pubs in hazel grove arent charging a fee at New year is this correct...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
Re: New year in The Grove
17th December 2015 at 9:27PM
I wouldnt pay a penny to get in any of them.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
18th December 2015 at 7:21AM, Edit: 18th December 2015 at 7:22AM by TwistedBanana
Happy, its many a year since most of the pubs would charge on New Years Eve. The odd one every now and then would do a locked door fixed price thing for its regulars and put on a hot pot and fireworks etc but I don't think even that has happened for a few years. The wine bars may chance their arm and try and charge, but that will be more to mug the younger more naive clientele

Doris, - I am sure the Hazel Grove pubs will miss your trade, you sound like a real life and soul of the party type of person
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
happy
Townsperson

happy
18th December 2015 at 9:12AM
Ok i was meaning the ones that did charge at new year as I paid for Oscars 1 yr and it was a bit of a dissappointment...as most places every yr charge for tickets for new yr I I remember rightly even the 5ways etc
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
18th December 2015 at 9:52AM
NYE at Three Tunnes @ £2:50 entry. Ticket to be purchased before the evening.
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
18th December 2015 at 8:19PM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Happy, its many a year since most of the pubs would charge on New Years Eve. The odd one every now and then would do a locked door fixed price thing for its regulars and put on a hot pot and fireworks etc but I don't think even that has happened for a few years. The wine bars may chance their arm and try and charge, but that will be more to mug the younger more naive clientele

Doris, - I am sure the Hazel Grove pubs will miss your trade, you sound like a real life and soul of the party type of person
actually I do like a party but not in the dump hole pubs of the grove. There is more nightlife out there you know! Same old sorry faces in every pub! There is more to life than the grove Mr bentbanana.

Part of..