A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Neighbours dog.

Dottee2014
Idler

Dottee2014
Neighbours dog.
1st April 2014 at 1:25PM
My neighbour has a dog which keeps coming in my garden. Several weeks ago some of my garden fence blew down. As yet I have not afforded to have it replaced. I asked her to keep it in her own garden. She refuses. To make matters worse she just walks through my garden to retrieve her dog. That is surely trespass on her part. I did ask her to consider sharing the cost of replacement, her reply being she is going to sell it so doesnt care. When I asked politely for her to control her dog she is extremely rude. Help!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: Neighbours dog.
1st April 2014 at 3:41PM
You could try feeding it meat baited with poison or get a bigger dog!
Only joking,I think the only thing is to get the fence sorted and deciding who pays is for you two to argue?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
2nd April 2014 at 12:50PM
Haven't afforded to have it fixed? A normal 6' x 6' fence panel can be had for under £20 brand new!?!?!

Check your deeds but a general rule of thumb is that when looking out of your back window the fence to your right is your responsibility, to the left is the neighbours.

Personally, I would let the dog out to roam the streets and/or call a dog warden and have it taken away as and when it's on your land. You'd need to be prepared for some kick back from the neighbours but it wouldn't bother me. If they want to act like a prat, treat them like one.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
5th April 2014 at 12:06PM
Our neighbours dog barks in the garden all day. I got fed up and put the dog in our garden to see how they liked it.
tarboat
Villager

tarboat
6th April 2014 at 9:54AM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Our neighbours dog barks in the garden all day. I got fed up and put the dog in our garden to see how they liked it.

Good one. That brightened my day. :D

Tagged With..