10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Narrowing the A6?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Narrowing the A6?
6th August 2014 at 7:53PM
I gave my views on this when it first came to committee some time ago.
It was the most stupid idea that the council officers have come up with and I told them so in no uncertain terms
This came about because east cheshire and derbyshire want to build lots of houses so the stupid officers of all the three councils came up with this harebrained scheme to try to reduce traffic by forcing it to go elsewhere. Unfortunately non of them bothered to look at a map of the road system.
I ranted at the exec member for it he looked closely at what I said and cancelled it. Well before the last election people just dont listen. It was in all the papers with lots of my comments.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
7th August 2014 at 10:56PM, Edit: 7th August 2014 at 10:57PM by vulcanman
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

It was the most stupid idea that the council officers have come up with and I told them so in no uncertain terms
This came about because east cheshire and derbyshire want to build lots of houses so the stupid officers of all the three councils came up with this harebrained scheme to try to reduce traffic by forcing it to go elsewhere. Unfortunately non of them bothered to look at a map of the road system.
I ranted at the exec member for it he looked closely at what I said and cancelled it. Well before the last election people just dont listen. It was in all the papers with lots of my comments.

Thanks for being so forthright ... Glad to see your office has not stopped you doing this
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Seagull
Idler

Seagull
8th August 2014 at 12:50PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Notwithstanding the merits or otherwise of the particular proposal. I am sure that feedback given in such terms will encourage Council officers to come up with imaginative ideas to solving some of the borough's problems, free from abuse if some of those ideas turn out not to be viable.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
8th August 2014 at 4:32PM
Wow Kevin, that's a cracker there!

I suppose when your the mayor you don't have to take ideas onboard and consider them, no, you can just blow them out of the water because.... well, 'i'm the mayor so **** you!'

Yeah it might not work but it's not an idea so stupid that it shouldn't be considered! For one it could actually work, but if not it couldn't make the traffic much worse and would at least make Hazel Grove a much nicer place!

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
8th August 2014 at 6:30PM, Edit: 8th August 2014 at 6:31PM by Serenity
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I don't know a lot about traffic plans and all that - but forcing the traffic to go elsewhere (or as I'd like to think of it as sharing the load)sounds like a flipping sensible idea to me. What does sound utterly stupid is allowing more houses to be built in the first place with no where for the traffic to go. Doesn't the council look at these so called road maps before they give the go ahead or is that to much like joined up thinking Kevin?

And I think that people do listen and care a great deal Kevin and I'm sure that most people would have aired their views prior but unfortunately it seems to be a one way conversation going on.

What ever the reasons are we are all in agreement that a bypass is a very very very long way off and that something needs to put into place pretty soon.

Now that you are Major Kevin and hopefully have a lot more influence and are fully aware of the problems that the Grove face once this extra traffic hits it perhaps you can now fight in our corner to get something done like Andrew Stunnel fought in his.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th August 2014 at 9:16AM
Serenity Wrote:

cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I don't know a lot about traffic plans and all that - but forcing the traffic to go elsewhere (or as I'd like to think of it as sharing the load)sounds like a flipping sensible idea to me. What does sound utterly stupid is allowing more houses to be built in the first place with no where for the traffic to go. Doesn't the council look at these so called road maps before they give the go ahead or is that to much like joined up thinking Kevin?

And I think that people do listen and care a great deal Kevin and I'm sure that most people would have aired their views prior but unfortunately it seems to be a one way conversation going on.

What ever the reasons are we are all in agreement that a bypass is a very very very long way off and that something needs to put into place pretty soon.

Now that you are Major Kevin and hopefully have a lot more influence and are fully aware of the problems that the Grove face once this extra traffic hits it perhaps you can now fight in our corner to get something done like Andrew Stunnel fought in his.

The thought of Major Kevin Hogg sends shivers down my back ... I think you will find he is Mayor Kevin Hogg!
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
19th August 2014 at 3:34PM, Edit: 19th August 2014 at 3:35PM by spectrum
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Thanks for the response councillor. Are you referring to the houses being planned for the new Handforth village (East Cheshire)? Surely the only traffic coming from there to Hazel Grove would be down the new relief road. I was aware of the outlined plans for the Handforth village before the relief road consultation started, surely those houses were included in the traffic modelling along with the Woodford development. If Handforth wasn't included in the traffic modelling for the local area, what impact will that have on the predicted reduction in traffic volume for Hazel Grove.
hellonpluto
Villager

hellonpluto
19th August 2014 at 4:42PM
the barm pot who thought of this idea will be rolling out solar roadways next LOL!

Seriously don't do solar roadways.
19th August 2014 at 7:02PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

You should try reading back your own words before you accuse others of being unintelligent. Blimey, has Stockport achieved a new low with ‘the Mayor’ incapable of stringing together a comprehensible sentence?

Anyway, leaving poor comprehension to one side for a moment Kevin, after you ranted at ‘the exec member’, what exactly did or do you propose as a better alternative?
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
20th August 2014 at 9:33AM
Spell check deleterd. sic.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Part of..

Tagged With..