10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Name and shame

<< 1 2 >>

vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Name and shame
14th August 2012 at 1:34PM
These are the Councillors who at their meeting on 5th July decided that a 40% reduction in school crossing patrols was favourable against a 50% cut of the number of issues of the Civic review. Hang your heads in shame!

The Mayor; Councillors Ben Alexander, Shan Alexander, Andrew Bispham, Stuart
Bodsworth, Peter Burns, Martin Candler, Christine Corris, Stuart Corris, Sue Derbyshire,
Kevin Dowling, Chris Gordon, Lenny Grice, Daniel Hawthorne, Kevin Hogg, Keith
Holloway, Sylvia Humphreys, Sue Ingham, Pam King, Mags Kirkham, Hazel Lees, Patrick
McAuley, Adrian Nottingham, Wendy Orrell, John Pantall, Paul Porgess, Iain Roberts,
June Somekh, Mark Weldon, Mike Wilson, Craig Wright and Suzanne Wyatt.

For a full copy of the minutes see http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s21145/Minutes%20of%20Previous%20Meeting.pdf.

I'm pleased from Hazel Grove councillors that William Wragg voted the other way, but sadly Corris and Hogg have yet again shown their true colours.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
BigTed
Villager

BigTed
Re: Name and shame
14th August 2012 at 5:41PM
It’s interesting to note that;

•     Kevin Dowling - the current executive member for Children and young people.
•     Shan Alexander – a past exec member for CYP and current chair of the Education Monitoring Panel.
•     Mark Weldon – another past exec member for CYP.
•     Pete Burns – also on the Education Monitoring Panel.
•     Christine Corris – a member of the corporate parenting working party.
•     Lenny Grice – CYP scrutiny committee.
•     Sylvia Humphreys – Safety Committee
•     Pam King – Safety Committee
•     Mags Kirkham - CYP scrutiny committee.
•     Wendy Orrell - CYP scrutiny committee & Safety Committee
•     Paul Porgess – V/C of CYP scrutiny committee & on The Governor Representative Group
•     Suzanne Wyatt - corporate parenting working party.
•     And not forgetting The Hogg...

ALL put their own self-importance and self-aggrandisement ahead of the safety of our children and their responsibilities to us – having elected them. They also felt that the distribution of an obviously self promoting [allegedly] free-sheet was more important that the responsibilities that they had signed up for above.

Makes you feel safe doesn’t it?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
14th August 2012 at 6:37PM
Hilarious, if wasn't so serious.

Is there a proven way of ridding an elected Cllr(s) of their position before the next election?
HG-21
Banned
14th August 2012 at 8:21PM
In favour of what? Parents can teach their children to cross the road.
Or get a volunteer if it's so important.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
14th August 2012 at 8:48PM
Nope their isn't. A Councillor can resign or die. They can be forcibly I think by the Standards Board if they are not doing their job i.e. not attending meetings over a certain period of time or they commit a serious offence. Again though, that is for the Standards Board to determine.

Unfortunately, being a Liberal Democrat is not a crime......yet!
15th August 2012 at 9:47AM
HG-21 Wrote:

In favour of what? Parents can teach their children to cross the road.
Or get a volunteer if it's so important.

Have you ever noticed how children ‘look up’ to the lollipop lady or man?

Have you noticed how they ‘listen’ to this person of authority, not unlike how they do with their teachers?

Yes as parents we expect our children to hear everything we say and do what we ask, but anyone who is a parent will know in reality that doesn’t happen.

Do you remember the adverts in the 70’s with the ‘green cross man’ and ‘tufty’ from the 60’s. It was part of the learning process not unlike the role the lollipop lady or man performs today. Let’s face it; they don’t carry the children across the road do they! They ensure the Childs safe passage and in my experience, educate.

If lollipop men and ladies are not required on one particular street (because of your argument that parents should teach their children to cross the road) then ban all of them that are still remaining, right across the country. And whilst you are at it you can ban all the lifeguards at swimming baths. Its exactly the same arguement, and that should save a few more quid...
15th August 2012 at 9:50AM
Oliver, anything political should surely not need to resort to which ‘team’ you support every time. Just because I support Man City for example (that should keep the boss happy) it does not mean every other football team is rubbish or never gets anything right.

Surely it’s not the Lib Dem party which is performing badly (or so far lost in their political jungle they have lost sight of actually taking on board the wishes of those that put them in office) it’s the individuals, the Cllr’s!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
15th August 2012 at 11:06AM
It was a joke!
15th August 2012 at 2:16PM
Accepted it was. But there is possibly a lot of support to be gained by the local community wanting Oliver Johnstone to represent them, versus the Lib, Labs, Cons or Local Lemons.

(note to moderators – any reference to a citrus fruit during the exchange of views and opinions concerning current local Cllr’s is entirely co-incidental and is not linked directly or indirectly to any person either dead, alive or not yet born)
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
15th August 2012 at 2:33PM
You are correct I agree. Although apparently the community did not want Oliver Johnstone to represent them :P
15th August 2012 at 4:14PM
I voted for you Oliver, but not because you were Conservative, because I felt you were listening not nodding, I saw you out and about and not just when the Stockport Express had their cameras clicking, I ‘sensed’ your enthusiasm for doing the right thing, not solely the right thing for you.

As a resident for over 30 years, I'm saddened by the decline of the place compared to other local ‘villages’. Of course that is not solely down to the Cllrs, but (and it’s a big but) they have a privileged opportunity, through their position and authority, to protect the integrity of the place in which we live. Perhaps they don’t have high expectations or standards.
<< 1 2 >>