Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 >>

Allen1
Top Photographer

Allen1
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
20th December 2008 at 5:20PM
Hi Grover
The names of the horses on the co--op milk deliveries. There were 3 horses Ive got 2 names so far   Betty and Benny

Allen1
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
21st December 2008 at 2:45PM
Enid, we just don't know where in the school yard the photo was taken. Everyone is scratching their heads since one lady said it was taken at Norbury, but the architecture is wrong for Norbury. It does match the Council school but where? I will email you at yorlan.

Hope the weather is kinder where you live than here in Toronto. Snowed all yesterday and still snowing today and the roads are really bad so staying home today.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
26th December 2008 at 11:41AM
regarding the photo of chapel street school taken in 1930, i am almost certain it is not chapel street school,but i do know   where it was taken, i do know that where the class are stood it is paved and there was as far as i remember never any paved area in the school and behind them the area is grassed also if you look up to the right hand corner through the trees you can see a building that appears to have a clock tower with a pagoda type roof and there was never any thing like that in or around the school
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
27th December 2008 at 4:26PM
regarding my last email i have put (i do know where it is taken)it should have read not known where it was taken, sorry
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Ian M
Drifter
18th January 2009 at 10:09AM, Edit: 27th February 2009 at 3:10AM by Administrator
Alan1
              The co op horse was called Charlie.I remember him coming to Spring Gardens in the Fifties.
     The coop stables backed on to Cock Fowt,and you could hear them through the back wall.
      I remember
                 Donovans on london Rd
                 Samways Electrics
                 Bennisons chipshop
                 Most of the families in Spring Gardens
          Just for starters.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
28th January 2009 at 12:56PM
Ian M,would you get in touch with me via my email which is john.newell2@virgin.net,thanks
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
26th February 2009 at 4:29PM
If you go to the Stockport MBC website you will find archived images of Stockport etc (including Hazel Grove). Nice walk down memory lane :-)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grovelover
Villager

grovelover
4th March 2009 at 8:33PM
hi you lovely grove people,have some great memories of the grove,spent most of my life in it and made some great friends,i have been away now for nearly 20 years but try and get back when i can.My fond memories are the obvious ones doing the pub crawls after being at old trafford on saturdays and finishing up in the boo till 2,most of the pubs did a good trade in those days and it was a great time with loads of people out enjoying life,ive been back a couple of times recently but for the wrong reasons funerals of old friends so the visits were sad,anyway my name is Paul Hartill and if anyone who remembers me would like to get in touch you are welcome,you can email me at phartill@gmail.com thanks
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
star
Drifter
17th March 2009 at 9:42AM
I remember you and Stuart,the black cat and lots of the bikers, some of the girls were my friends.
Do you also remember the motor bike repair building behind the Red Lion, it was called S.R.S motors. Stubbs,Roberts and Scott
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
28th March 2009 at 12:15PM, Edit: 28th March 2009 at 12:16PM by BlueGrover
P Hartill.
Did you once stop a bus on the A6 out side the Woodman with your head?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..