Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 >>

grover
Townsperson

grover
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
13th December 2008 at 8:54AM
Hi Allen and Johnny, by chance I found a guy that used to live in Lawrence Road - I was Googling for information on the Coop - and he said he had had a ride on this horse and thought maybe his name was Dobbin. I guess that is another piece of information that would be in the Library :) Ron McKnight (local man) might also have information.

Many years ago there were horses called Dobbin and Daisy that pulled the local tram through Hazel Grove.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
15th December 2008 at 3:14PM
pyserver, do you remember Norman Gee he lived on chatsworth road i think some where near Devonshire road the last time i saw him he wanted to be a vet, any info very welcome from anyone else.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
16th December 2008 at 5:37PM
Wonder if he had a sister called Phillipa Gee. Maybe folks will remember her.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Allen1
Top Photographer

Allen1
16th December 2008 at 6:24PM, Edit: 16th December 2008 at 6:28PM by Allen1
Hi Grover
Hope all is well with you. I'am still going with the old pic thats its Chapel Street School. Still working on the name of the horse from the Co-op . I recall 1 or 2 names of the milk men that Johnny mentioned.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
17th December 2008 at 4:19PM
allen1, would you care to email me perhaps have a talk about the grove of our youth if so my email is john.newell2@virgin.net
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
17th December 2008 at 8:10PM
Hi Allen1. I just need a paid trip to Hazzle Dazzle and then I would go to the library and have a decko at their pictures. Stockport's collection should be online in the not too distant future. Guess I need to win the lotto and then I would be over in a jiffy. I still think it is Chapel Street school and would love to just wander around the property and look at it from different angles. Merry Christmas to all Grovers everywhere :)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Allen1
Top Photographer

Allen1
20th December 2008 at 12:03AM, Edit: 20th December 2008 at 12:03AM by Allen1
Hi Grover
I know your not this old lol but where was Mosley Street between Queen Rd and Daniel St, was it in the Memorial Gardens of the Clinic . There is an old stone gate post as you walk into the clinic grounds from the A6 along the side of the car shop.

Allen1
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Enid
Drifter
20th December 2008 at 9:04AM
To all Grovers. have a Jolly Happy Christmas.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
20th December 2008 at 11:46AM, Edit: 20th December 2008 at 1:55PM by grover
No Moseley Street Allen. But Doctor Thomas Moore used to live in Moseley House which was on that site. Dr. Moore still practiced up to the 1940's and I think he was a surgeon but not sure. So I guess it is the gate post to his home. I'll see if I have any more info on him/it. Moseley House stood on the land where the grass verges are in front of the library and clinic. I am sure that Moseley House was where we went to the school dentist clinic - right Johnny? That would be in the 1940's.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Enid
Drifter
20th December 2008 at 12:15PM
That old picture is of Chapel St school built 1912. If you look at the one used on the school web site enlarge them and you can see the roof is the same. Grover I have lost your email adress.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..