Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 >>

Enid
Drifter
Re: Memories of Ha zel Grove
30th August 2008 at 10:29AM
Deneside brings back scary memories for me.There was always a bully waiting for me after cookery class. Took many a jam tart and threw them in to a garden. My best friend was Christine Unwin, she lived on the lower end of Deneside. Mrs Mills was my cookery teacher and Miss Kitchener ? housewifery. Spent most of my time hiding under dust sheets, though I still clean my home how she taught us. I wonder if any one has a photo of the end of war street party either in Dorothy Rd or Deneside Cres.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
Re: Memories of Ha zel Grove
31st August 2008 at 4:46PM, Edit: 31st August 2008 at 4:52PM by grover
I have one of Clarendon Road Enid. Are you still at Tiscali e-mail address? I also have a couple of old H.G. school photos around 1948 - Joyce N is in one of them and you might also be there! I also have some of Wesley Street and Congregation Church and Tina is in one of them. Will try and find the list of who is who as well.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
31st August 2008 at 5:16PM
Does anyone have an old photo of the side entrance of Wesley Street Sunday School taken maybe around the late 40's or early 50's off Chapel Street?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
2nd September 2008 at 2:42PM
grover, we most likely knew each other please could you email me at john.newell2@virgin.net i will call you if you wish, johnny.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
2nd September 2008 at 2:51PM
grover ,do you remember esra marsland caretaker at wesley street we drove him mad on wet days when we could not play football on the school fields , do you remember lloyd he was dangerous best give him a lot of room my dad told me and he was right
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Cyclist 57
Drifter
24th September 2008 at 4:39PM
Memories do come flooding back,especially if you dont live anywhere near Hazel Grove anymore.
Morebest memories are:
Playing in the empty field by the Fiveways Pub car park and hanging out on Devonshire rd playing fields.
Larking about in the woods up on Mill lane.
Going door to door selling `Stockport Hospital Bingo` come fine days or not! (cant remember how much it was though -circa 1973)
Bob a job week....have you car scraped clean for a bob?
Under age drinking with a `party six` can!
The Fiveways coop shop and butchers (I think its now a restaurant).
Pinching pop bottles and cashing them back in at Victoria wine Fiveways.
Chris and Glyn the `fashionable `hairdressers by McCoys Newsagents. They used to pelt us with hairclips fired by elastic bands (it hurt).
Wimpenys grocers Fiveways..later a supermarket.
Tower rd (unsurfaced and bound to puncture your bike tyres).......IT HAS HASNT IMPROVED!!!
Attempting to fish at Poynton pool and casting off over others lines..not recommended!
Having my hair cut at a little hairdressers by the Rising Sun pub (think it was Landis`s Barber)
The Blue lagoon.
Trips to Belle Vue park.
wow what a lark.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Allen1
Top Photographer

Allen1
6th October 2008 at 9:57PM
Here is one that you may not want to remember   lol   Mr Kinsey (dentist) above Claytons Stores .
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
mary
Drifter
7th October 2008 at 7:12AM
Used to live in HG (Torkington, actually, which has changed an awful lot). Am sort of thinking of moving back to the area. What do you recommend?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
10th October 2008 at 4:37PM
Anyone remember the school dentist from the '40's? I think his practice was in a building near the old Library. I know I used to sign off on any notice he gave me at school with my step mother's name that I didn't need treatment. He used to put some brown stuff on your gum before the work, but it sure didn't kill any pain hence the sign off notes. I still have my teeth today so I think he was making work for himself!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
14th October 2008 at 2:56PM
grover, you know me by now yes the dentist wascalled if my memory serves me right was pullter or something like that, we used to call him amongst other names which i can not write puller pullter he seemed to me a right bad tempered man he never had any sympathy for anyone
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..