Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 >>

bernie moore
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
27th October 2011 at 1:38PM
hi carl if your name is parry, your mum was my first ever girlfriend(i was about 5) she helped me with my indian headress to dance ruond the maypole(house built on it now)i remember your uncle ronnie he uesd to have a truimph herald lilac in colour.if you want to get in touch my e mail is bernie.moore@sky.com
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
bernie moore
Drifter
27th October 2011 at 2:05PM
Hi John this is bernie chris brother,i will tell chris about this website and he will probably contact you,Viv lives in selling kent and chris is in oxfordshire. Jim passed away last november.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Chris Moore ( Past P
Drifter
28th October 2011 at 11:16AM
I remember the scout camp at Morfor Nevyn Arthur was Patrol leader Bob Castle was the Scout Master we were made to take quinine to prevent sun stroke, and if I remember you had an accident on the ariel runway and hurt your back.
Fond memories of the Grove. My son Simon his wife Amanda and my grandaughters live in Poynton so I get up there quite a lot, my sister Val (Higgins) lives off Bramhall Moor lane.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Chris Moore ( Past P
Drifter
28th October 2011 at 11:43AM
Hi Jonny I remember you well How's life treating you.I live in a village in Oxfordshire and although it's very nice I still miss the Grove.
My brother Jim died last year and although a sad occassion it was good to see a lot of my old friends from the Grove at Norbury church.
My memories of Chapel Street school were Miss Kirkham she was really fit. Mr Stephenson with the wobbley adams apple Miss Blackwell and Miss Harwood (cow) Dave Penny was my mate and Steve Nuttall, at Jackson's Jailhouse Graham Fletcher Dave Prince and Martin Houghton
Other memories
Bensons chippy
The Cock
The bamboo
plying for Grove United at Torky Park
Tony Keith & Phil Goodchild
Brooker
John Dixon
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
peter bowden
Drifter
30th October 2011 at 11:54AM
Guest Wrote:

Hi Jonny I remember you well How's life treating you.I live in a village in Oxfordshire and although it's very nice I still miss the Grove.
My brother Jim died last year and although a sad occassion it was good to see a lot of my old friends from the Grove at Norbury church.
My memories of Chapel Street school were Miss Kirkham she was really fit. Mr Stephenson with the wobbley adams apple Miss Blackwell and Miss Harwood (cow) Dave Penny was my mate and Steve Nuttall, at Jackson's Jailhouse Graham Fletcher Dave Prince and Martin Houghton
Other memories
Bensons chippy
The Cock
The bamboo
plying for Grove United at Torky Park
Tony Keith & Phil Goodchild
Brooker
John Dixon
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Ken Downes
Drifter
22nd November 2011 at 4:43PM
I have just read Albert Shepherd's notes re HG and agree wholehearthedly with all he says . Some addtions Mirlees on a Thursday night - The Hollies, Tremeloes.
Marple baths and the cafe on the corner, Buddy Holly on the juke box. The 92 bus into Stockport. My mother who is 90 still lives there. That A6 through the Grove is a nightmare .
Albert if you read this send us your email and we can update each other - what we have done with the last 45 years.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Kath nee Baines
Drifter
25th November 2011 at 8:14PM
I went to Jacksons Jail from age 11.

Davenport Cinema was demolished and land is now carpark for school next door.

Sadly Grove Inn in Hazel Grove where my mother was born in 1920 is boarded up these days.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
albertshepherd
Villager

albertshepherd
28th November 2011 at 1:22PM
Hi Cynthia,
God this really shrinks the world. I did know about Alec and it made me very sad. We were good friends in our early years.
You having the first TV and your Dad getting the blue mini and having a garage built (that was posh).
Winifred is in Bolton with grand-kids, Sandra is in Preston(not too well) Liz Roberts is Macclesfield way I think.
Mr Roberts died only a few months ago and Mrs Roberts is in Marple. We went to the funeral.
The Isle of Man eh--back to your roots. I remember your aunty Win at Sandiway. I can still remember the bus driver, the orchard, Jurby beach, the bikes and the paraffin lamps--not forgetting John.
I have a picture somewhere of Alec with your dog Trixie I can let you have it if you want.
Dont know what the protocol of putting emails on this site are. I am not much of a "facebook" worm but I am on it.
I live in Warrington married for a second time with 3 children and two grand=children but occasionally have a dift down Garthland road--lots of memories and mostly smiles except for the loss of Alec.
My Mum died 2001 my dad sometime before that.
I can go on forever.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
albertshepherd
Villager

albertshepherd
28th November 2011 at 1:32PM
Hi Ken,
Well well well--where are you? I am in Warrington. There's too much to talk about on here. I will certainly send my email when I have figured out this site and its protocols.
Nick Ashton let me know that you had commented on the site. I had a pint with him some months ago.
Nice to here from you --how could have I forgotten Mireless?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Andy
CiviCr

Andy
2nd May 2013 at 6:34PM
To continue posting memories please create a new Hazel Grove Memories thread Here
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..