Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 >>

grover
Townsperson

grover
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
23rd June 2011 at 8:53AM, Edit: 23rd June 2011 at 11:27AM by grover
I remember the house but not the people. I remember my kid brother mentioning a Shirley and the new houses are almost opposite his home. I recall Flitcrofts and Kings who were next door to them. Teggins lived towards Queens Road and Speake's further still. Robert Speake was a teacher. The Byron's lived nearby and Charles (?) on the corner of Lawrence and Douglas. E-mail me at the email I mentioned in last posting and I will give you info on David.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
26th June 2011 at 4:20PM
to philip moss, i went to chapel street from 1945 -55 i wonder if you remember my brother les newell and cyril rowbottam stan hulme to name a few you recall big raymond adshead the last i knew he had moved down devon or cornwall but he has not posted anything for a while and am thinking he may have passed away, do you remember alan morel(not sure how his name was spelt) he was in the scouts at wesley street in the 50s i heard he moved to dartford but died some years ago,you also recall big ben i have been on the end of his cane more times than i can remember i tried to be sick on a friday morning so i could stay at home as we went in his class for lessons hope to hear from you, john
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Philip T.Moss
Drifter
28th June 2011 at 11:40AM
Thanks for your message,Johnny, with all the details. Yes, now you mention their names I do recall those lsads who were all at the council school at the same time as me and I think in the same classes. I als o remember the Morells who lived on Lawrence roud and were amongst the group including the two Hill brothers, Gordon and George and Graham Fish and brother Michael the weather forecaster. Also in Lawrence rd., were the Hadfields, Joan Beeley whos father was,I think manager at the Electricity showrooms next ti The Elite cake shop, and aDanils girl whose name I can't recall.
thanks again, I'll keep in touch as I recall more details.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Kate
Drifter
8th July 2011 at 8:25PM
Has Raymond adshead died?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
10th July 2011 at 8:54AM
There was Pat (Patricia) Daniels and her brother John at the top of Lawrence Road. Alan Morrell went to live in South Africa and was there a long time. He came back to England a couple of years before he died in 1996 and he was only 59. His sister Doreen was living, I think, in Knutsford. The Bradbury's, including Joyce and Phyllis, lived on King's Road.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been deleted by the author.

johnny
Drifter
24th July 2011 at 4:38AM
hi grover, anyone know where john daniels and john bradbury are i last saw them in the early sixties and the both were living up high lane.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
30th July 2011 at 8:47AM
Not heard their names since the 60's. Think Joyce lives up Torkington Road. Hope all is well in Wales.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Dan Seal
Drifter
5th August 2011 at 10:37PM
Hi Rod, I remember you from the eighties, you lived off Chester Road, Vaudrey Drive I think and I remember you having a driving school and a poster up for us Liberals at election time. I was on the Council with your cousin Pat who was Conservative for Great Moor.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
shirley harvey
Drifter
14th August 2011 at 1:39PM
you can still buy cakes like the golden door use to make as there is an identical shop in alderley edge.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 >>

Part of..