Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

johnny
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
15th March 2011 at 3:52PM
to the guest who wrote saying he had sent me a email but it was returned would you please try again but only put john.newell8@virginmedia.co.uk no commer after uk, thank you.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
15th March 2011 at 8:13PM
Hi John,

I have tried again to e-mail you again and it still gets rejected.

I even tried using my other e-mail server but no luck. I will create an new address and post it here tomorrow (I'm reluctanct to post my personal e-mail addy on an open forum)

I'd love to talk to you. Greta Uncle Ben was my granddads brother, and both went to Teacher Training College in Winchester. They were from Co. Durham. I never actually met Ben, but I knew he swam across Morcambe Bay with one arm! I have a photo of him in his Army Officers Uniform that I would like to send you a copy of.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
15th March 2011 at 8:25PM
John,

I have just created an e mail address bensnephew@hotmail.co.uk

If you e-mail me at that address I will contact you

Cheers,
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Johnson
Idler

Johnson
22nd March 2011 at 7:10PM
Hi chris moore thats a name that jogged my memory, do you remember me John Johnson
How is your sister viv and brother jimmy . Bumped into jimmy in a bar in the grove last year
He told me you now live in the Oxford area .
I have just found this web site ,I will be checking it regulary to look for names from our youth .
Do you remember the nut all brothers. Dace cook.Clive Larkin. Stew carter. Graham brooks.
Earl lever to name a few.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
carl
Drifter
30th May 2011 at 11:07AM
hi carl, i used to live at 28 spring gardens and i no your mums name was rita,she was the first girl i fell in love with she helped me on with my indian headress to dance around the maypole i was about 5 at the time your mum was a few years older than me, your uncle if i remember had a triumph herald he was calleed ronnie if i remember right.
bernie moore
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
bernie moore
Drifter
12th June 2011 at 8:02AM
Hi Carl,i lived at 28 spring gardens my mum had 8 children
i was born in 42,i remember your mum (my first girlfriend when i was about 5 she helped me with my indian headress fot dancing round the maypole on the waste ground near her house.i remember your uncle ronnie he used to drve a tiumph herald.
my e mail address os bernie.moore@sky.com
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Philip Moss
Drifter
22nd June 2011 at 10:57AM
Having just found this site, it is interesting to see peoples memories. there don't seem to be any of my contempories listed, but as i'm now 80 perhaps thats undersandable.I lived on Douglas Road, went to Chapel St .school in the days of Miss Pitman, Miss Protheroe, Ben Gordon and all the other taechers of that era.
Went to the Methodist Chugsh and Sunday School, played tennis at Wesley Park, was in the 1st H.G scouts whose scoutmaster was Harold Vernon (father of ,I think, the currenr S.m.
Names I remember: Donald Wood, son of Woods Jewellers opposite the Co-op, John Fear, Raymond Adshead( later a sergeant with Stockport Police,David Berry (renowned drummer and tennis player) amongst the boys, and Margaret Burdon,Hylda Merscough, Doreen Vernon,Audrey Perkins ,all menbers of the youth club at the methodist Church.
Do any of these names ring bells?
Will keep looking on this site to see if I have brought any memories
P.T.Moss grver born & bred.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
22nd June 2011 at 2:42PM

Hi Philip

Harold did found 1st HG Scouts. His son, Mike, was the Group Scout Leader until recently. Sadly, he died last year. Mike's sister was Doreen Vernon. She married George Sykes who also passed away last year. The current GSL is Doreen & George's son, so the family connection carries on. The Group is going from strength to strength and Harold's legacy has been a huge source of inspiration and salvation for hundreds and hundreds of Hazel Grove boys (and now girls too) throughout the years!

Welcome to the forum :-)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
22nd June 2011 at 4:37PM, Edit: 22nd June 2011 at 11:49PM by grover
Hi Philip. Can't remember any family called Moss on Douglas Road off hand. We lived on Rochester Grove. I am younger than you by about 6 years but an older brother and a sister were close to your age - maybe a year or so younger. John Fear, Ernie Potts, Joan Needham are on www.friendsreunited.co.uk if I am allowed to use another web site name. I know Ernie and Joan are still around and I have their email addresses somewhere. Audrey Perkins lived on Great Moor and I don't know if she is around. Hilda Myerscough was on the friendsreunited school site but her name is no longer there. David Berry is still around and lives abut 500 yards from where he was born on Queen's Road. There is a free magazine called "Inside Hazel Grove" and in the April to May 2011 issue there is an article on David Berry. I have the web page for this publication so that you can read about David. You can reach me at my email which is grover at manchester.com

What number did you live at? Miss Blackwell, Miss Cayton and Miss Adams all lived on Douglas Road.

As you can see by my name I am also grover born and bred :-)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Philip Moss
Drifter
23rd June 2011 at 3:54AM
To Grover.My family, all seven children of whom I am the ypungest, lived at 'Caldy@ which was next door to The Vernons house. In about 1953 my sister Shirley moved to one of the first new build houses on Rochester Grove after the death and sle of Caldy. I eremember the Blackwells, the male of the family was known as SSkipper or Skip and was with the scout group.The flitcrofts lived on the corner of Lawrence Rd and Douglas Rd and had a son, David.

i was amazed and delighted to receive two replies to my initial posting and look forward to many more as people read it.
Till next time, best wishes and thanks to both callers.Regards Philip T. Moss
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

Part of..