Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

Chris Moore
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
10th February 2011 at 6:52AM

HI I REMEMBER THE SCOUT CAMP IN MORFA NEVYN WITH ARTHUR ANGEL WE HAD CIDER CIGS A TRANSISTOR RADIO AND SOME GIRL MAGS AND GOT CAUGHT BY BOB CASTLE SCOUT MASTER WHO CONFISCATED THEM ALL, WERE YOU THE ONE THAT FELL FROM THE ARIEL RUNWAY?
I LEFT THE GROVE AND NOW LIVE NEAR OXFORD BUT I STILL GO UP TO HG TO SEE MY SON SIMON HIS WIFE AMANDA AND MY 3 GRANDAUGHTERS
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
CHRIS MOORE
Drifter
10th February 2011 at 7:00AM
HI ARE THE ROD CAMBLIN I REMEMBER BIG STUART RENSHAW
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
13th February 2011 at 1:33PM
hi geff burgess, did you a sister called Berly
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Steven Rowbotham
Drifter
16th February 2011 at 1:00PM
just looking back and found your web site i didnt know that bosden was such an old name me and my parents where on of the first to move to Bosden avenue no 9 we moved away in the late 1960s to somerset it just seams odd now after living in what was Bullock smithy to running a business in somerset called Black Bull Engineering I did come up to a funeral a few years back i was standing at the bar at the what was called the 5ways and a voice said is that you steve well how can i still look the same after all these years
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Tony Higgins
Drifter
17th February 2011 at 3:23PM
Geoff Burgess, I remember you well from Clarendon Road, you were always good at mechano's,I still live in the Grove, and still married to Val, her maiden name was Moore, and they use to live in Spring Gardens off Commercial road, she always reminds me that we stole thier bonfire, Geoff, would us good lads from Clarendon Road, ever do that. All the best, keep in touch.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
meccano
Idler

meccano
22nd February 2011 at 5:23PM
Hi Tony Higgins.
           No we wouldn.t nick anybody's bonfire. glad to see your name here Robert Thornley is still going strong lives in Ceveleys now. Is you sister Veronica still in the grove.
                          Geoff.Burgess
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
meccano
Idler

meccano
22nd February 2011 at 5:25PM
Hi Sorry I did not have a sister.
                               Geoff Burgess
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
anthony Higgins
Drifter
2nd March 2011 at 10:24AM
Hi Meccano, My sister now lives in Barnet London, and she's well,Iknow about Bob Thornley,but sad to say, we lost Phil Dewhurst a couple of years back, he used to live behind me and I always saw him when we took the dogs out. Phil was married to Norma, and I still see her.
What a great upbringing we had in that small community, and it's all thanks to our mums and dads.Take care Geoff.
Anthony.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Ron Hutchins
Drifter
9th March 2011 at 7:26AM
Went to Jackson lane School, lived in Capesthorne Road, Fiveways and spent my formative years in the Fiveways disco and the Bamboo. Loved Hazel Grove and so disappointed to see so many negative comments about the place - sad.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
11th March 2011 at 6:26PM
Guest Wrote:

Would the guest writer who Ben Gauden was his great uncle please email me as i am intrested in having a talk with you my email is john.newell8@virginmedia.co.uk, thank you.

Hi John, I'm sorry, but I have only just come across this request and have sent you an e-mail bit it was returned as undelivered.

I will bookmark this and if you provide me with an alternative e-mail address I will contact you.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

Part of..