Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

albertshepherd
Villager

albertshepherd
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove Tony Higgins
6th January 2011 at 7:36AM, Edit: 6th January 2011 at 7:51AM by albertshepherd
Hi Tony,
Albert Shepherd(sister Winifred) We lived at the back of you and Veronica.Freda Fell next door to you.The Hully's on the other side.Joyce/Jimmy Millar before that.
Remember Ernie next door but one heard the first Sputnik in his radio shed.My dad was a mate of his.
Rod Camblin --Wendy of course I remember all those locations.i remember the Wreck being first built but what always sticks in my mind was the blind girl who lived next door to it. I really felt or the family who's back door opened on the wreck and had to watch all those kids playing.
The Camblins must have had a good view when the Mill finally burnt dowm--remember!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
7th January 2011 at 4:46AM
Albert Shepherd, please could you email me as i lived in the grove but sorry to say i cannot place you, my email is john.newell8@virginmedia.co
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
albertshepherd
Villager

albertshepherd
7th January 2011 at 11:10AM
Cant place you John--more info
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
M&M
Drifter
9th January 2011 at 11:16AM
I think you are thinking of the egg lady who lived on Torkington Lane at the top of Torkington Road, She came round every week selling free range eggs and then went on into the Grove to shop.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
13th January 2011 at 2:50PM
to Albert Shepherd, thank you for replying, i was born in 1939 and if you were born later it could be our paths did not cross, my classmates were geff millward ronnie millward neville brooks tony shard stan gritthis my teachers were speak, stewart, chippy wood,and of course the one and only big ben.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Albert Shepherd
Drifter
13th January 2011 at 4:36PM
I was a little behind you John 1946 was my year.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
tony
Drifter
14th January 2011 at 11:33AM
i remember the needhams, and all the other memories you have
i was born in spring gardens 1942 and lived there till 1963
till i got married,i now live in prestatyn.
BERNIE MOORE
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Tony Higgins
Drifter
26th January 2011 at 9:44AM
What ever happened to Herbert Wood, we went to the Macclesfield El Rio on the back of his motor bike to see groups.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Tony Higgins
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove Tony Higgins
26th January 2011 at 10:23AM
Albert...Great to hear from you, when was that massive tree cut down in your back garden? hope you are well, keep in touch, Tony Higgins.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
geoff. burgess
Drifter
8th February 2011 at 5:35PM
Just been put on to this site.And saw your name Tony Ironic really as earlier I was sending a copy of the victory party on clarendon rd. In 1945, And your Mum is stood at the back rhs. with I presume you in her arms.. you are younger than me i'm 70 now. Geoff
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >>

Part of..