Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25 >>

Rowland Hobson
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
9th September 2007 at 3:30PM
Attended Norbury school in the late fifties seem to remember the head left rather suddenly, something to do with dinner money, moved on to the jail house. Had great mates David Sumner and Graham Brindley. I was part the the bulge years, didn't achieve much at school although I seem to have done well now. The youth clubs at Norbury school and the Mechanics Institue were the only places to go as a teenager in the village. also I was part of the 1st Hazel Grove scouts Arthur Angel was troop leader, every year we went to annual camp on the back of an open lorry. Went on my travels at the age of 18 and have never been back although the memories are still very vivid, seems just like yesterday.
rowland@picturestation.co.uk
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Rick Atkinson
Drifter
17th September 2007 at 1:27PM
Mrs Rowells Cub Football Teams
The Haunted Garden in Torky Park
Midnight Hikes to the Middlewood Slag Heaps
Happy Valley and Scraps with those Bramhall ponces.
The White Hart when it was full
The HG Pub Crawl
Tittertons Pork Pies and Sausages
Sowdens on the Boulevard
Films at the Davenport Major

I left all of the above 20 years ago.

Looks more like Beirut now.

Still my old home though

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
2nd November 2007 at 11:02AM
seeing the queen in hazel grove,silver jubilee 1977 was something special.hazel grove is a great place to live.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Chinney Hunt
Drifter
17th December 2007 at 7:19AM
I went to Jacksons JailHouse & then got a job at Simpsons Sausages at the top of Mill Lane Hazel Grove. I used to sing & drink in the Bulls Head where Frank was the land lord. I have never forgiven Chris Horme nicking my girlfriend Honor Blackman at School.
I now live in LA surfing every day smoking & drinking & sleepng under the pier.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
dave kirk
Drifter
21st January 2008 at 6:05PM
I remember hanging around the corner of farndone ave playing curby, ( throwing football across the street trying to hit the curb and bounce it back to yourself ) playing one bounce with my mates, going down the valley hill on our skate boards,we also used to make rafts and float them on the resorvoir. we also used to sit outside the wing wah chinese chippy eating chips and their famous gravy,I also miss doing penny fpr the guy, that was always a laugh.we used to go fishing at six tee on stockport golf course,we used to walk for miles, as far as lyme park sometimes further. going through disley tunnel was always nerve racking but fun aswell and a releif once you got to the other end, wich seemed to take for ever. I miss going to the pubs on the A6, the bird, the red lion, grapes and so on, they were brilliant times, i now live in british columbia canada and have been since 1995, but i always think about hazel grove and try to visit as much as i can, what would be brilliant now is if anybody who knows me or knows somebody who does, could get in touch with me and talk about old times in the grove that would be top. here is my email dkirkmanu1@hotmail.com hope to hear from someone soon. cheers.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Grover65
Townsperson

Grover65
25th January 2008 at 7:25AM
I remember you Dave and have since heard what a fab life you're having in Canada, via Ben. I hope he is doing well too, now that he has emmigrated as well.

I don't know what I'm going to do next time I need some decorating doing!

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
k wright
Drifter
3rd February 2008 at 3:09PM
Kevin who used to work at Vernons now opened Fruits N Roots opposite Halifax, gorgeous fresh fruit and veg!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Jonathan M
Drifter
10th March 2008 at 12:19PM
hi Mr Dobbs, just a quick response to your letter. You mention The Cock Inn in hazel Grove, well your in luck.Robinsons brewery are looking for new tennants to take over it so there is your problem solved, you can enjoy a nice pint of robbies any time you want.
Regards   Jon
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Lisa Williamson
Drifter
16th March 2008 at 8:51PM
Ha ha ha. I was looking at this website and saw your name!! We were in the same class together at Jackos. Your name is Ian isn't it?..........I can't beleive they still call you 'Chinny'. You were mates with Phillip Howe weren't you?

I live in Western Australia and have odne for the past 20 years. I LOVE this website about The Grove. Brings back so many memories.
Take care 'Chinny',

Lisa
x
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Michelle Duckett
Drifter
30th March 2008 at 5:12PM
I was adopted to Hazel Grove in 1956 living at 56 Deneside Crescent, moved when I was about 12 to Battersbay Grove, left there in 1988 to get married lived on Napier Street, for 17years Husband lived on Oak Street all his life mum & dad still do. Memories of Hazel Grove are
Bamboo
the toy corner at christmas across co-op yard
the Copper kettle (Dave & Jackie &their 2kids I used to babysit for Kurt? & Elka?
snow ploughs going down the main road 1980
Fanny Harwood teacher at chapel st
Royal Jubilee street party Beech Ave
Could go on for hours. I now live in Sunny Tenby Wales anyone wants to get in touch contact me at almostanangel80@hotmail.com
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..