Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Memories of Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 >>

Irene
Drifter
Re: Memories of Hazel Grove
30th August 2010 at 8:51PM
Des anyone remember the Hardwear shop on commercial road . My Gran lived in the valley Farndon Ave with an italian lady on oneside and a dutch lady on the other. I to remember sledging in Torky park, going to Booths grocers for the tea butter & sugar. The daughter was Miss Cheshire Rose. Did anyone go to the Congo sunday school in late 50's and know the Reeves -Owen family.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Rita
Drifter
Re: Memories of Ha zel Grove
11th September 2010 at 4:41PM
I lived in Deneside Crescent and Tina Unwin was one of my friends
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Star
Drifter
18th September 2010 at 9:50AM
My Dad, and Grandad worked at worburtons motor bike shop.Later my Dad had a motor bike repair place of his own just behind the Red Lion pub, called S.R.S. Motors. His name was Tom Stubbs. My Grandad was Ken Buffey.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
23rd September 2010 at 3:21PM
hi yes i remember tommy stubbs he at that time lived in poynton he once bought bruff motorbike to repair in the works and when he started it up he filled the place with smoke, i suppose he is no longer with us,
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
5th November 2010 at 6:58PM
Guest Wrote:

Hi, Memories came flooding back at the mention of your mates, Goodwin, Griffiths, Shard etc. and of course, who could forget one-armed Benjamin Gauden, the french teacher (FOF...Friends-Of-France)/swimming coach/football coach etc.(grubbing for footie boots in the box at the back of the playground. You were lucky to get a matching pair,) laces? never heard of them. same for gardening equipment.
Mr Greenwood the PE teacher...ATTEN....SHUN. in the playground all weathers.

Ben was my Great Uncle. I believe he died in Manchester following an accident with a tram...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
david lindsey
Drifter
7th November 2010 at 2:05PM
I lived on Great Moor from 1948 to 1970. I remember monday nights at the Bamboo club v. well. Ten Years after a year before Woodstock doing woodchoppers ball to 25 people. Savoy Brown blues band. 68. And of course the Mike Cotton sound who seemed to play there every other week in 68. I also saw Graham Bond with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce at Mirrlees social club (!) in the summer of 65. There was a disco at the five ways and yes I had my hair cut once at Frank Brown's before going down to Lou Starr's in Manchester. Of course the 92 bus would also quickly take you down to the Manor lounge. I saw Cream there. The Small faces too. Before the fire and the switch to the Tabernacle.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
17th November 2010 at 5:44PM
Would the guest writer who Ben Gauden was his great uncle please email me as i am intrested in having a talk with you my email is john.newell8@virginmedia.co.uk, thank you.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
18th November 2010 at 2:39PM
re my last letter there should not be a commer after uk sorry
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Pat.A.
Drifter
7th December 2010 at 6:22PM
Looking at some of the posts I wondered if anyone remembers my mother and father in law, they were Landlord and Landlady twice at the White Hart. Amy and Jack (BigJack} and their son-in-law Ernie Spencer used to help out behind the bar.
After Jack died Amy remarried and used to work at the Royal Oak on Commercial Road.
My children went to Chapel St the headteacher was Mr. Stephenson who always wore a red jumper and then on to Jacko's Jailhouse.
No-ones mentioned Coyne's on Commercial Road where the kids used to fill the shop every morning on their way to school.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
martin
Drifter
13th December 2010 at 6:01PM
pete died last year we saw him out to the ace of spades!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 >>

Part of..