10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Marple Road Traffic

<< 1 2 >>

SatiricalSloth
Top Photographer

SatiricalSloth
Marple Road Traffic
25th March 2014 at 12:47PM
So I've noticed that traffic on Marple Road towards Stockport seems the be moving a lot slower theses days, this is having a knock on affect to Bean Leach Road.

It all suddenly starts to clear once you past the Golden Hind / Hungry Horse. I wonder if it's connected to the new and recently opened Aldi on Lisburne Lane?

Anyone else noticed this?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
Re: Marple Road Traffic
25th March 2014 at 2:07PM
Is it busier throughout the day or just rush hour times? I ask because there's a new, massive nursery on the A6 and a lot of parents cut through from the Marple road down to Dialstone and then down Mile End - could it be that traffic?
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
25th March 2014 at 3:18PM
There is also major road works on Dialstone whilst they put in new storm drains, maybe thats causing it!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
25th March 2014 at 3:43PM, Edit: 25th March 2014 at 3:44PM by Serenity
Coleman Wrote:

There is also major road works on Dialstone whilst they put in new storm drains, maybe thats causing it!

Why are they installing storm drains. It doesn't make sense. Its not exactly a flood prone area is it. What a waste of money.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
25th March 2014 at 4:28PM
Actually last year when we had that freak day of hail storms and flooding in summer a huge amount of the properties in the area had their cellars turned into swimming pools, by the drains not coping! Minor flooding of that type is not rare due to the drains being to small to cope, so they are putting in a storm tank to help them cope!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
25th March 2014 at 5:27PM, Edit: 25th March 2014 at 5:34PM by Serenity
I think that most drains can't cope with flash floods Coleman but I don't see the council running to put flood drains in. Look at the bad flooding on Bramhall roundabout years back and it took the council absolutely ages to address the problem there. I think that eventually the residents had to campaign to get something done. So I find it hard to believe that after one bad winter the council are reacting so quickly to remedy the problem.
Nichola7177
Villager

Nichola7177
25th March 2014 at 8:26PM
It's actually been a problem on Dialstone as long as I can remember. My parents have been flooded twice but they live up hill from the problem. There is an underground river which floods about 20 of the houses about 6 times a year. Obviously 2 years ago with the wettest summer ever it was much worse.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
25th March 2014 at 10:26PM, Edit: 25th March 2014 at 10:31PM by Coleman
First of all its not the council that is doing it, it's United utility's.
Second the flooding in question is not on the street it's peoples homes and its not fresh ground water running in to people cellars off the street, it's the ground water drains filling and then spewing the water back along with silt and god knows what that has been building in the drains!

I don't doubt that they would probably not be bothering to do it if it weren't for the fact that they had to hand over a considerable amount of compensation to the home owners when it happened last!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
26th March 2014 at 7:12AM
I didn't realise that the problem had been going on for so long and was such a health hazard, I thought it was just flooding from rainwater off the road. I can understand the need for the work now.
newt21964
Villager

newt21964
26th March 2014 at 8:54PM
And the sewer works in Otterspool, so Marple residents who normally turn right at the bottom of Dan Bank are carrying along Marple Road to avoid some huge tail backs.
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..