10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

London 2012 Olympic Torch Route

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Onion
Villager

Onion
Re: London 2012 Olympic Torch Route
21st May 2012 at 7:27PM
[QUOTE=Coleman]Adidas are no longer on the estate, except in a very limited capacity, they moved to Trafford park! And the big white factory now lies empty.

adidas group HQ is still at the end of Pepper rd, this incorporates adidas, Reebok and Rockport.. 600+ people work there. The warehouse did relocate to Trafford Park, but the white box and all offices are very much full Mon-Fri :)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
21st May 2012 at 7:56PM
I don't know who has told you that but it's not accurate! Yes there are still offices there and yes there are still a number of Adidas group staff there. But it's certainly not as many as 600!
I'll ask one of the people I know who work there how many if I get chance and remember! I would estimate it at around 200.

As for the factory and all the logistics staff that used to be on the estate, they were relocated to Trafford park and the large white building is now empty! I know this not only because I work on the estate (my office window looks right through one of the windows on the white building), not only because I know several people who work there including Adidas staff and sub contractors but also because I was involved in some of the design work for the facility on Trafford park!

Adidas' presence on the estate is a tiny fraction of what it was, but they are still there in a very small capacity.
Onion
Villager

Onion
21st May 2012 at 8:12PM
I work there. And yes the warehouse/distribution centre at is now at Trafford park. Its not a 'factory' though.
But as I said, the pepper rd HQ incorporates adidas, Reebok and Rockport. The white box is not empty, they hold reebok crossfit there 4 times a day.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
21st May 2012 at 11:27PM
I only said factory for ease/out of laziness.

What is this rebok crossfit? It sounds like a fitness class or something!! they may still use it for something but it's is as good as empty, I.e. It isn't used as a warehouse anymore, there aren't constants trucks going in and out and as I said from my office you can see in part of it and that part is certainly empty.

How many people actually work there now? It can't be 600, there simply isn't that many people coming and going. I know that at its peaks it was around that many, but that was when they had the warehouse there and nearly half the other units on the estate.
Onion
Villager

Onion
22nd May 2012 at 9:38AM
Hi Coleman,
I dont know how many exactly, prob 250-300 here and and the same at Trafford park...it doesnt really matter.
I was simply correcting (politely) the post you made to say that adidas HQ was no longer based here - it is.
And this is the reason the Olympic Torch is popping down Pepper Rd.
Personally I will be there to see it, (even at that time on a sunday am!) And I know the majority of the staff here will also make the effort to turn out :)
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
22nd May 2012 at 9:52AM
That's fair enough, But Adidas is only here in a limited capacity. Many still think that its the same as it was 5 years ago when the estate was swarming with Adidas staff, it's more just a bit of admin now!

So Adidas have indeed arranged for the torch to come here? Are they using it for publicity or something?

I might come and see it, more out of morbid curiosity then anything. I'm not fully behind the games (waste of money and boring) but it's a once in a life time thing i suppose!

Also what is this Rebok crossfit thing you mentioned? i genuinely want to know!
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
22nd May 2012 at 10:14AM
Its just a range within the Rebok brand I think....all owned by Adidas
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
22nd May 2012 at 10:31AM
Robot69 Wrote:

Its just a range within the Rebok brand I think....all owned by Adidas

Must be more then just a brand!

Onion Wrote:

they hold reebok crossfit there 4 times a day.
S
Drifter
24th May 2012 at 9:11AM
FYI. Adidas Market North is based on Pepper Road,with over 250 employees working there. The warehouse relocated to Trafford Park but Head Office is still based on Pepper Road. It is NOT just admin, it is HQ for the UK. The White Box is not empty, The Reebok CrossFit Box is based there plus showrooms. Being an adidas employee just wanted to correct people who didn't have the right facts.

I can't wait for the Olympic Torch to come to Pepper Road, it will be a great event that is also great for the area! Not a waste of money as some people wrongly think!
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
24th May 2012 at 10:48AM
Drifter Wrote:

FYI. Adidas Market North is based on Pepper Road,with over 250 employees working there. The warehouse relocated to Trafford Park but Head Office is still based on Pepper Road. It is NOT just admin, it is HQ for the UK. The White Box is not empty, The Reebok CrossFit Box is based there plus showrooms. Being an adidas employee just wanted to correct people who didn't have the right facts.

I can't wait for the Olympic Torch to come to Pepper Road, it will be a great event that is also great for the area! Not a waste of money as some people wrongly think!

Ok, can try and get this clear and move on!

Adidas is still present on the estate, but in a much smaller capacity they they were!

The warehouse still houses something (what the hell is a Reebok CrossFit Box) but is far far from full (i'm looking through the windows to the adjoining part of the warehouse and there is nothing behind them!).

The thing is that although Adidas still has it HQ here (used to be the HQ for all of the uk and not just north) there are no Articulated lorrys coming and going, there is a fraction of the amount of cars there used to be coming and going, there haven't been any sports star sightings for quite some time (used to be loads) although that's not to say they don't still visit and almost all of the extra units on the estate that were once Adidas are now either empty or sold/let!

Getting back to the topic though, I am still surprised that they are bringing the touch here (even if Adidas HQ is till here), i can only assume that Adidas has arranged some publicity or something associated with it!

I have to admit to being curious enough to come and see it, but it is a waste of time and money (the whole Olympics that is, not just the relay). You can grantee that the country will never recoup the costs (they never do) and i can think of a hell of a lot of better things to spend the money on, especially with the economy the way it is.
Add to that the fact that GB only ever win a small hand full of medals!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Part of..