A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Lack of respect

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Lack of respect
20th June 2016 at 10:05AM
Tory MP criticised for canvassing during EU referendum campaign suspension after Jo Cox's death. Manchester Evening News today.
Oh William, was it really nothing........
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Lack of respect
20th June 2016 at 10:39AM, Edit: 20th June 2016 at 10:44AM by Serenity
William told the M.E.N: “We were told that there was no national campaigning, but that we could deliver leaflets, and that’s all I did on Saturday.

“I didn’t campaign on Thursday or Friday, quite rightly. But it was made clear to us that local leafleting, on a low-key level, was okay.

“The Remain campaign were handing out leaflets at the Marple Carnival on Saturday and telephone canvassing - I had a call from them at my home.

“I didn’t want to cause offence to anybody at all.

“I’ve publicly paid my respects to Jo.”

The Vote Leave and Remain campaigns said major events would be cancelled following Mrs Cox’s death, but neither side banned leafleting on a local level.

TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
20th June 2016 at 3:22PM
Well I hope that when he got home to mumsie and daddy he was put on the naughty step for a few hours and didn't get his bedtime story that night
2 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
27th June 2016 at 7:49PM, Edit: 27th June 2016 at 7:50PM by Norma_Stitts
Typical of this place.

Beat him when he doesn't come on, beat him when he does?

Gotta give Mr Hogg credit for his stickability.

Fair plays to the guy for getting to where he has, despite batting for the other side, but maybe some people should jump on other things rather than his arse over something so trivial? Let's me honest, the fact she was killed was political gold dust to one side wasn't it and boy, they played that card.

Part of..