Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

I would like to Find

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 >>

PD
Drifter
Re: I would like to Find
25th September 2008 at 5:59PM
Will, Malcolm is my uncle and did have a brother called Roy. His mother used to live near Torkington Park. I think his dad used to live in Poynton. They did have a butchers shop.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
11th November 2008 at 6:08PM
Hello PD.

Sorry for the delayed reaction.
That is exciting news regarding our possible realationship.
Is it possible to send a PM here? It would be good to talk and to make sure of our connection etc if possible.

I'll try to get a message to you.

Best regards
Will
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Henryg
Idler

Henryg
17th November 2008 at 10:16AM
Claytons were situated in the block between Chapel St & Queens Rd. They were there from before well the 2nd world war to the late sixties when the property was demolished. The shop was owned by Edward(teddy)Clayton and was passed on to his son Gerald.
The shop had a traveller who visited customers every week to take an order which was then delivered to the customer's home
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
24th November 2008 at 8:45AM
Does anyone remember the family below? They are the son and daughter of Harry and Annie Russell, who lived in Chapel Street in Hazel Grove in the 1940ís and 1950ís, their names are Joyce and Harry (junior). Relatives are looking for them since family members from Australia will be over in December. Could also have lived in Poynton.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Unverified

johnny
12th December 2008 at 3:57PM
anyone know where Frank Barker has gone he lived in the valley in the 1950;s
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
LUCIEDOG12
Idler

LUCIEDOG12
11th January 2009 at 10:50AM
Trying to find a Joan Salztman (not sure about the spelling), lived in Hazel Grove in the early 1970's, I believe her father was of German descent Any information welcome   Age about 60 (sorry Joan!) Keith
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
LUCIEDOG12
Idler

LUCIEDOG12
11th January 2009 at 10:54AM
Trying to find JOAN SALTSMAN (not sure about the spelling of her surname)   She lived in Hazel Grove during the early 1970's Any information welcome (egsmls@btinternet.com)   Keith
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Wendy Wirth
Drifter
Any info on the Coyne family...
24th February 2009 at 6:08AM
I'd love any information on an Edith Coyne from the early 1930's, hopefully a lost relative of mine. She resided on 17 Bramhall Moor Lane with her father Samuel Coyne before emigrating to Quebec, Canada. I know it's going way back for this, but any info would be so great. She may be my lost grandmother. She's listed on a ship register out of Manchester in Nov. 1932, aged 20, occupation domestic service. Any way there are town records to search? Would love a hint or two. Thank you so much! Searching from California...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
Re: Any info on the Coyne family...
27th February 2009 at 8:52AM, Edit: 27th February 2009 at 5:10PM by grover
Does anyone remember the Coyne corner shop on Commercial Road/Bosden Hall Road? That is the only family I knew of with that name. In the new archives images for Hazel Grove it says:

Quote: The road in the background is Commercial Road. On the corner can be seen "Coyne's" Convenience Store (whose proprietor also owned the large detached house on the left. The shop was later sold in the 1970s and became a bicycle shop. It is now a corner house. Unquote

Wonder if this is the same family? A school friend of mine worked there in the early '50's and I have written her to see if she can remember the names of the owners.

Maybe the ?1920 census would have the family on it if they lived in the area at that time, or the old electoral files at the library???

There is a Sam Coyne buried in Norbury in 1950 aged 71 and in the same grave is Edith Anne buried in 1976. Norbury Church records would list the next of kin for burial purposes. There are quite a few Coyne's listed in the Churchyard records.

You can e-mail me and I will give you the church web and e-mail address: grover at manchester.com Use the symbol for at.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
johnny
Drifter
Re: Any info on the Coyne family...
28th March 2009 at 2:18PM
i remember coynes shop as my family were friends with Bill and Rona Bruckshore who lived next door, one day when i was about 8 Rona asked me to go to Harrys for a tin of elbow grease he said who has sent you and i said Rona of course he knew it was a joke he sent me to the coop who sent me to Herbet williams who sent my to Booths who sent me to Donovans. i am still looking for that tin.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 >>

Part of..