Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

I would like to Find

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>

Chris Orme
Drifter
Re: I would like to Find
23rd October 2010 at 3:25PM, Edit: 27th October 2010 at 6:06AM by Adora
Anyone no where or what happened to my old school mate Chinney (Dave) Hunt? AKA Pan Face.
I think he had 2 brothers
Age aprox 45-47 Familly lived on Tamworth Close
Irish Decent Travellers
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
saidy
Drifter
Re: I would like to Find my sister Doris Potts
26th October 2010 at 10:46AM
hi dont give up ive found my brother who was adopted around the same time he has found his family at last , all his life he lived as an only child and now he has found our large family , good luck
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Honor Jacks
Drifter
28th October 2010 at 9:56AM
I went to Jacksons Lanes High School with David in the 70s.
I believe that he emigrated to LA & is now a very successful breeder of Chihuahuas Dogs.
Also he has done some stand up Comedy on the LA circuit where I believe his stage name was "Clotto the English Knight".
He also had a walk on part in the film Moon Face dressed as Chinese Beggar.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
28th October 2010 at 10:30AM, Edit: 28th October 2010 at 10:46AM by grover
Here is what Chinney said in 2007 on this subject on this Forum under "Memories of Hazel Grove":

"Posted by Chinney Hunt, 17th December 2007 at 12:19PM
I went to Jacksons JailHouse & then got a job at Simpsons Sausages at the top of Mill Lane Hazel Grove. I used to sing & drink in the Bulls Head where Frank was the land lord. I have never forgiven Chris Horme nicking my girlfriend Honor Blackman at School.
I now live in LA surfing every day smoking & drinking & sleepng under the pier."

There is another person in March 2008 who also remembered him, but had a different first name for him.   He clowns around so he could be anywhere and don't believe what he says earlier - might still be local.

Maybe he still reads the Forum. Or there could be further discussion on him around that time.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
seymourbutts
Townsperson

seymourbutts
28th October 2010 at 7:21PM
grover Wrote:

Here is what Chinney said in 2007 on this subject on this Forum under "Memories of Hazel Grove":

"Posted by Chinney Hunt, 17th December 2007 at 12:19PM
I went to Jacksons JailHouse & then got a job at Simpsons Sausages at the top of Mill Lane Hazel Grove. I used to sing & drink in the Bulls Head where Frank was the land lord. I have never forgiven Chris Horme nicking my girlfriend Honor Blackman at School.
I now live in LA surfing every day smoking & drinking & sleepng under the pier."

There is another person in March 2008 who also remembered him, but had a different first name for him.   He clowns around so he could be anywhere and don't believe what he says earlier - might still be local.

Maybe he still reads the Forum. Or there could be further discussion on him around that time.

I wouldn't take any of the posts relating to Dave Hunt too seriously. It's true that he's in LA, and that's about as far as the true facts go.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Andy Limbo
Drifter
29th October 2010 at 3:43PM
Hi Grovers
Yes I went to Jacksons Lane with Chinney & met Dave "Chihhau" Hunt last year in LA at Xmas he is a real character with a great sense of humour, he was working as a pan handle-palm reader on Venice Beach to make ends meet.
He went to LA to be a pop star unfortunately it never worked out maybe he should come back & give Wagner a run on the X Fator?

Cheers
Limbo
Vancouver BC
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
26th November 2010 at 10:15AM
My best mate in the early 1960's when I went to Jackson's Lane was Arthur Angel. We were always in trouble at school. He had a younger brother same as myself and they were mates too. He lived off Hatherlow Lane but I can't remember the street but it was number 2.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
slim
Townsperson

slim
26th November 2010 at 11:54AM
David_Sumner Wrote:

My best mate in the early 1960's when I went to Jackson's Lane was Arthur Angel. We were always in trouble at school. He had a younger brother same as myself and they were mates too. He lived off Hatherlow Lane but I can't remember the street but it was number 2.

ian angel lived on argyle street but not seen him around for a while.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
27th November 2010 at 4:24PM
Last saw Arthur several years ago in Marple, he had a paper shop near the baths, Ian still lives in the Grove and he drinks in the Tunnes now and then I believe.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Arthur Angel
Drifter
Re David Sumner
28th December 2010 at 11:33AM
Hi David you can contact me at this e-mail arthur.angel@ntlworld.com
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>

Part of..