A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

How this site run?

Torky
Villager

Torky
How this site run?
22nd April 2013 at 9:32PM
Can someone please explain to me how this site is run, funded etc. I find it rather odd that moderators are allowed to share their personal opinions about others posters? Is it run by volunteers, whom in taking responsibility for the site use it for there own agenda and worse censorship. Why should any posts be locked, where is the freedom of speech?

Happy has a problem with HGHS based on her own personal experiences and I have concerns about the results. What's wrong with debating this......??? Ok it's got personal at times, but we are all grown ups and I for one want to hear the opinions of others.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Torky
Villager

Torky
Re: How this site run?
22nd April 2013 at 9:34PM
*how this site IS run
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
22nd April 2013 at 10:06PM, Edit: 22nd April 2013 at 10:15PM by Norma_Stitts
Torky Wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how this site is run, funded etc. I find it rather odd that moderators are allowed to share their personal opinions about others posters? Is it run by volunteers, whom in taking responsibility for the site use it for there own agenda and worse censorship. Why should any posts be locked, where is the freedom of speech?

Happy has a problem with HGHS based on her own personal experiences and I have concerns about the results. What's wrong with debating this......??? Ok it's got personal at times, but we are all grown ups and I for one want to hear the opinions of others.

I'm a little at a loss to this?

It's not an 'agenda' site, it allows people of all political views (look at the Councillors who have used the boards)

Users/Moderators and Admin are entitled to their thoughts otherwise it would be censorship!?!

I recall it's owned by a place in Romiley? I'm on sn iPhone currently and for some reason cannot update the 'chavstown' thread, as this ties in nicely with the edit that I have written twice, here goes (mods/admin feel free to delete if you feel it's warranted);

LOL.

No, I didn't write it, I'd put my hands up if I had.

I'd suggest that happy puts me on ignore, I've suggested it before but it's clearly evident from other peoples posts or when she is quoted by another board member that she has carried on shouting 'wolf' for a number of months.

EDIT: I chose to ignore the other thread but felt some people deserved a reply...

No, I am not a female. I have been laughing everytime someone thinks I am, it's a joke username. I will explain it if needs be?

I almost felt sorry for "Happy" earlier but made a point of not commenting and fueling the flames. Then I realised that she's had no regard for me with her tirades at myself for 6 months and constant drum banging for me to be denied my views and opinions.

It tied in nicely with my views on moderation - I have posted that a forum is capable of self moderation via feedback from ones peers, hopefully she will take it on board, more importantly, hopefully she will drop her vendetta and start to realise that people are sick to the back teeth with her selfish attitude and realise that there are more people on this forum than the 2 of us?

I will take this oportunity to apologise to the forum. Maybe if I had engaged her directly it wouldn't have ruined everybody elses browsing experience? I doubt it. As a prolific forum user/blogger I get used to dealing with certain types of posters. Hopefully in future when posts suggests that she has moved on and started to act her age I will be able to take her off ignore?

Let that be the end of it? Let the forum move forward without any of the rubbish coming from her fingers over the last few months? Today was a 'Give "Happy" enough rope scenario...'

EDIT: It was on my first failed iPhone post but I felt the 'staff' handled it well. A nice balance between letting someone blow off steam and their peers telling them their views. Well handled and a good point of closure. I do think the thread could have advanced from there but equally it could have got worse. If it's 'taken on board' then it could improve, the question is if you think that the message has finally got through?

It's time for this forum to push on.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
22nd April 2013 at 10:30PM
If anyone has anything further to say regarding HGHS then they are free to start up a fresh thread, provided it doesn't go the way the last one has and descend into nothing but bickering and back biting then it will be left open!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
23rd April 2013 at 12:51AM
*Starts whistling Kaiser Chiefs!*

'I predict a riot... rotfl

Part of..