10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Hazel Grove Station

<< 1 2 >>

sam39
Villager

sam39
Hazel Grove Station
23rd January 2014 at 11:01AM
I have been told that the new bike storage building at the station is for a bike rental business, also that there is to be a multi storey car park built on the south car park. Does anyone know if these stories are true?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
Re: Hazel Grove Station
11th February 2014 at 6:00PM
I've long thought that the car park at Hazel Grove is surprisingly useful for that kind of service... Let's face it, they don't make it easy to use public transport usually.
So on that basis, if they build a free car park that helps us get to work, I'll eat my own face.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
11th March 2014 at 1:43PM
Yes the multi storey is correct. it is starting in summer. don't know how long it will take.
there will also be parking disruption, the station gets FULL every day so I expect the boulevard and roads around the station may suffer. worth it in the long run though.
i reccomend that if you get the train you get there early for a space.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
11th March 2014 at 3:39PM
I'm not sure why Hazel Grove needs a bigger station car park. A bigger car park seems to indicate that their expecting more commuters to be using the station - who and from where? And how will they deal with the extra traffic if that's the case. I know that the car park gets full most days and that the nearby streets are mainly parking for residents but you don't exactly see a queue of cars waiting to get in, so why the need for a multi storey car park. It's the hospital that needs more parking spaces if anywhere. But somehow I can't help but feel that if the charges were lower or free then there might be adequate spaces for all.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
11th March 2014 at 6:29PM
lets hope they dont build a shoddy carpark like the one at the hospital, bloody useless that thing!
sem to remember when it opened they had to close it again as it moved when cars where on top lol
11th March 2014 at 8:55PM
Serenity Wrote:

I'm not sure why Hazel Grove needs a bigger station car park. A bigger car park seems to indicate that their expecting more commuters to be using the station - who and from where? And how will they deal with the extra traffic if that's the case. I know that the car park gets full most days and that the nearby streets are mainly parking for residents but you don't exactly see a queue of cars waiting to get in, so why the need for a multi storey car park. It's the hospital that needs more parking spaces if anywhere. But somehow I can't help but feel that if the charges were lower or free then there might be adequate spaces for all.

I thought you were generally 'anti car' and 'anti new road building' serenity? Surely then, supporting greater use of public transport is a good thing?
hellonpluto
Villager

hellonpluto
13th March 2014 at 11:06AM
I thought the car park was free if you're using the train?

Bigger car park is the way forward! I dont normally use the trains but when I do I like to park and ride.
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
13th March 2014 at 1:42PM
Of course it needs more spaces, the car park is FULL every day - not one spare space.

It's free for anyone, open car park.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
13th March 2014 at 2:24PM, Edit: 13th March 2014 at 2:43PM by Serenity
cooper120 Wrote:

Of course it needs more spaces, the car park is FULL every day - not one spare space.

It's free for anyone, open car park.

At the moment it's not free to everyone cooper - only those purchasing a train ticket.
And if the car parks full everyday where do people park now - as most roads are parking for residents only.

I'm just a little concerned that this new development might bring even more traffic into the Grove causing more gridlocks just at a different place and a different time.

2Tony
Villager

2Tony
13th March 2014 at 2:51PM
Who checks to see if you have a valid train ticket when you park ? Im sure all those who use the carpark on a Sunday then go over the road to church dont have 1
<< 1 2 >>